16

Shouta was barely walking on his own if he was being honest. His legs had barely gotten the stress fractures healed this morning before he picked the window lock open and the back of his shoulder to his elbow was covered in scar tissue under layers of bandages to keep him from itching at it. Luckily his other arm was opratable and wasn't covered in so many bandages so he could still write and pick a lock.

Walking to his classroom was a hassle above all else. If Hizashi or Nemuri were to find him before he got to it they would feed him to Recovery Girl. Unfortunately they were both blocking the door so he had to take the long way and go through the window. Of course, by the time he got in the room they had both left to search for him.

The students were obediently sitting in their seats and when he finally turned to face them the room seemed to explode in sound, frankly irritating his eardrums.

"Sensei, should you really be teaching today?"

"Ahhh, he's a mummy!"

"You do know that you can rest today right?"

"Shut up and stay seated." He finally got control of the room with the faint red glow of his eyes just peeking under the bandages. How could he navigate his way around the school and the exterior of buildings? Sheer fucking willpower. "Today will be one of the most important days of your career." Dead. Silence. "Today you have to plan how you will train for the Sports Festival."

"Sensei, should we really be hosting it after the villain attack?"

"Didn't the school just spend a bunch on security?"

"We have to plan our own schedule?!"

"Shut up and let me explain. The school has agreed that if UA can show that they are confident enough in their security to host the festival, especially after the attack, will show your parents that they can still teach you. I, of course, wasn't part of this and would have personally voted that we lower the amount of guests. Yes, you have to plan your own schedule, and that is what you will be doing in homeroom. Classes for the next two weeks are going to be half their normal length and will only go on during mornings so you can ask teachers any questions after lunch." He paused, briefly allowing his sore throat a break. "However, that means that you have to pay attention in class as no one is lowering the amount of work you're being assigned, unless Recovery Girl has said otherwise." Allowing them a few moments of absolute screeching at him, he cleared his throat again. "I don't care what you do to train and will not be a part of your planning process." With the final words, he grabbed his sleeping bag and layed down for a nap in the corner.

--

The kids were actually thinking out their training better than he expected, Iida had suggested they leave a copy of their regime so the teachers know what they will be doing. Now SHouta was looking through them as he waited for the elevator.

Jiro had helped Tokoyami, who was going to work with her to increase Dark Shadows' defence against soundwaves. A lot of the girls were doing study sessions with Yaoyorozu and were going to simultaneously help babysit Asui's siblings somehow. The "Bakusquad" consisting of Mina, Kirishima, Sero, Kaminari and Problem Child #2 were also doing a study session after school and then splitting up after two hours.

It was Problem Child #1's that was really what he wanted to bring to Nedzu, it was mostly bare except for Tuesdays and Thursdays that were titled as "Rest days with Shoto and Mom." The same thing was on Todoroki's plan, and if it was his gut feeling or the fact that Problem Child #1 used the boy's first name, something gave him the feeling they knew each other and were closer than what was originally thought.

--

"And that brings me to the main reason for this meeting, Midoriya." Nedzu was seated in his large chair, holding a steaming cup of tea. "Did he play a role in the USJ events by any chance?"

Shouta was laid across the couch sitting on the other side of the expansive desk. He, for once, had accepted the offered tea, taking a sip to contemplate how to explain the minimal events he could remember. "When the guy- Shigaraki- was pinning me I felt a chill."

"What kind of chill?"

"The one that tickles at your neck, but it wasn't scary or bad, I felt really... relaxed? At ease might be a better way to describe it."

The principal furrowed his brow, quietly commenting, "How odd."

"No shit. I didn't really turn fast enough to see that much but there was splashing I think? Like really faint splashing and this huge... wave? I think it was a wave coming from somewhere? It wasn't water though, it just looked like it." Coughing he took another sip of the tea.

"There was a wave, but it wasn't water?"

"Yeah. You know that old painting, Great Wave?"

Nedzu typed something into his computer before taking another sip of tea and replying. "Ah yes. The most famous landscape of Thirty-Six Views of Mount Fuji?"

"Yeah, the water looked like that."

"Ah, so it doesn't really look like water then." The principal turned back to the hobo-looking man.

"There was a huge wave of it and then Shigaraki collapsed. It gets a bit fuzzy after that but I remember him having Asui take me to the entrance, the kids already up there were talking about how he seemed to have the villains... oh I can't recall it. He had been in control of the situation or something."

"That... I may owe Midoriya an apology then. It would appear that my opinions on breathing were misplaced." Shouta's eyes widened, when the chimera had mentioned doubting the reliability of the book on breathing, he hadn't expected the principal to go back on it and entertain the idea of being wrong. Never, in his life had he heard that the principal was wrong, nonetheless apologize for it. "It is quite unprofessional of me to do this, but I unfortunately have a meeting with the Hero Commision about heroes acting as additional security so we must move on. In your text you had mentioned Todoroki and Midoriya might know each other more than just new friends."

"Yeah, they have Tuesdays and Thursdays as rest days, and you saw them after the attack, the Todoroki kid was shaking until Midoriya came to calm him."

"Indeed. He should put it on the back burners for now and focus on what's ahead of us first however, and one of those things is how your coworkers have requested you join Present Mic in the soundbooth."