10

Izuku was running late after stopping by a cafe for some tea, it was already 7:35 and the train he needed to take was due to arrive in ten minutes. He was running past a bank when a huge villain burst out of the street in front of him. Two of the newer heroes were chasing him, the Mountain one and Kamui Woods were chasing him until the villain glanced at a family frozen in fear. Luckily Midoriya was right next to them and could inconspicuously grab the two kids before the two adults were grabbed by the villian.

The adults shrieked in fear while the two kids held Izuku tight. He backed up a bit, Kamui having seen him and nodding in appreciation. Now his stupid uniform was wrinkled, right after his mom had shown him how to iron it last night.

"Don't even think about chasing me or these lovely people of unfortunate circumstances gets it!" The villain squeezed the couple tighter.

"You're charged with serial larceny and murder, Vihara (it keeps autocorrecting to Vigara, I spent too long fixing that) Headgear!" Mountain lady exclaimed.

Then "Please save us!" "He's too fast for us to capture Mount." "MOMMY, MOM, NO YOU NEED TO GO!" "'UMMI!" everyone shouted. Except Kamui, he only murmured the issue, just loud enough for his partner to hear.

Suddenly Izuku felt the air shift, no one else had noticed, only his training in thin air giving him the ability to feel it. Something big was coming, fast.

"HAVE NO FEAR! I AM HERE! MISSOURI SMMMMMMMASHHHHHH!" All Might came blasting out of nowhere, chopping Headgear's neck and scooping the two women in his arms. "FOR I WAS JUST ON MY WAY FOR WORK!"

Mountain lady was relieved but slightly annoyed that he came. Kamui Woods was approaching Izuku, the kids he saved, having run to their moms when All Might let them down. "Thanks kid, it could have been different if they didn't get out of the way."

Izuku simply rubbed the back of his neck "I just didn't want them to have that experience."

"You go to UA? You're going to run late since you need to give a statement, can I offer to drive you there?"

"Ah thanks, I'd appreciate it."

"No problem."

And that's how Midoriya not only became friends with a newly debuted hero but arrived at school late only with a slip that only read "This kid saved two kids this morning, don't hassle him for being late please. Kamui Woods" and a new saved number in his phone (Of course that only happened after going to a police precinct and talking to about four officers, retelling the story twice and got a new cup of tea as he had dropped his when he grabbed the kids).

"Just sit down Midoriya." Aizawa looked tired but he didn't bring out his sleeping bag, which reminded Izuku of the field trip that was planned for today. He was lucky his mom had shown him the email about it, or he would probably be as confused as his classmates were. "We're going on a trip to one of UA's facilities. Change into your costumes and go to Loading Zone 2, I'll meet you there." With that the man turned and left, not even telling them where their costumes were or where "Loading Zone 2" was. Luckily the wall opened again, revealing the costumes.

--

Yesterday the support course had been withholding his sword since they didn't know how to put it in his case so it was sheathed in a smaller box today. It was a small thing, but he liked the feeling of his former master's sword on his hip. Once he figured out where he was supposed to go, he was pleasantly surprised that he had gotten there first, his teacher leaning against the bus.

To cure the awkward silence he spoke up, "Ah, sensei, I didn't stay yesterday to retake the tests-" But was interrupted by the man.

"Just stay late today and don't forget, yesterday was a mess and I had to leave anyways."

After that was a much less awkwards silence while everyone else arrived slowly. Soon everyone loaded into the bus. Todoroki sat next to Midoriya, taking the aisle seat next to him in the back. Izuku relished the coolness of his right side before his teacher set some ground rules. "Don't wake me up, don't be too loud, and choose a class representative before we get there." And sat down, finally taking out his yellow cocoon.

Neither Izuku or Todoroki participated in deciding how to choose a class rep, but eventually they made a system where everyone closed their eyes and would clap once to vote for someone, Yaoyorozu saying everyone's names in alphabetical order. Eventually Iida was chosen for class rep and Yaoyorozu split the job of assistant representative with Tsuyu.

During this process after he voted Todoroki gently leaned on Izuku, briefly catching rest for the day today. He'd done the same thing during lunch before the intruder alarm went off, when he'd woken up he simply said it was hard to sleep sometimes, so Izuku wasn't put off by it. (Hi it's the author, how does Todoroki get sleep? I find it hard to believe that he can just sleep normally without issue, especially since in the manga/anime he had never told anyone and kept it bottled up before Midoriya popped up)

They had just made it to a huge dome when Midoriya got a text from his mother.

Hey Izuku honey, I know you have a field trip today and I hope you do well, but there are these two girls here asking for you. Can you come home right after school today?