18

Sitting in the announcer's booth with Yamada was really exhausting, especially since he wasn't really doing anything. The two friends of near-countless years always found ways to exhaust each other, however Shouta wasn't doing that great. Problem Child #2 was in first, Todoroki in second, Monoma (who had copied Hakagure's quirk and had been using what appears to be Iida's engines) got third, and Problem Child #1 got fourth.

The next test was sure to shake it up a bit however, it had been an ongoing debate since school started (really before that, Nemuri had been practically begging for team laser tag for the last few years). Nedzu had actually wanted the test to be an epic team obstacle race (like the first round, but actually in the arena and would include activities that involve more supervision like rock climbing and a huge rope swing) to further watch any students cough Problem Child #1 cough that might have any sort of analytical skills. Aizawa had actually agreed with the Principal before he saw that the teachers themselves would be a stage in the course.

So the Cavalry Battle, which last took place when Aizawa himself was a third year due to how many people got hurt (and killed, it wasn't a good idea for a student with a fairly weak quirk and no hand to hand experience participate against a very dangerous soul manipulating quirk) during the activity. To be honest, Shouta regrets not siding with Nemuri, he was worried about the nine not-hero students since they didn't take classes for fighting, nonetheless 1B who didn't have any actual fighting experience against other people.

"Now to MIIIIIIDNIGHT for the next round!!" Yamada used his quirk to get Midnight's attention, who had been talking to Cementoss while he poured the stage (there had been an issue getting the cement down earlier).

"Of course!" Nemuri slid into her slightly lewd persona smoothly. "Ohohoho~ let's see what's next!~" She snapped her whip causing a huge screen behind her to turn on, 'randomly' choosing the task. "Oh?~ A Cavalry Battle! The rules are simple kids~ you did this in school right? There's one rider and three to four horses. The main goal however, isn't to get the hat the rider has nononono~ instead you have all been assigned point values based off of your earlier results. Group up kiddos~ it's gonna be a looong round~"

The crowd ooohed after the values were revealed, and immediately the 'Bakusquad' surrounded Problem Child #2, who immediately yelled at everybody else outside of his group to leave him alone and soon allowed or asked Tsuyu, Kirishima and Sero on his team. Todoroki and Problem Child #1 had partnered up almost quicker than them, and asked one of the general education students, Shinsou (who was in Yamada's class) along with one of the support class students Hatsume, to join them. Uraraka, the brown haired girl in his class that had taken a liking to Problem Child #1 had also asked, but was turned down (Shouta couldn't tell why, the announcer's booth was too far away). The rest of the teams took a bit of time to make, most of the students were sticking with students of their own class whose quirks they knew, except for the few other kids who were not in the hero course who had stuck with quieter students in 1B.

Soon however, the planning period was over. The 15 minutes they had for preparation to make their teams and plan for anything that might happen was up.

Everybody had gotten their point values by now, Bakugou's team ahead by about 10 million points as the rest of the members of his team hadn't gotten very high values, barely slipping by the threshold. Because Todoroki and the Problem Child partnered up they had very high values and were very easily in second place, however nobody had really noticed them as they didn't have the 10 million points and Problem Child #1 hadn't really shown any special abilities or his quirk yet. Shouta was interested to see what he would be doing as he had no gear and he wasn't even the rider, instead Shinsou was the rider, something that they had figured out once they realized that it didn't really matter if the person with the highest value was the rider or not.

When Bakugou had seen the members on Todoroki's team he had given Shouta flashbacks to the USJ, some sort of Primal Hatred seen very easily in his eyes. Using the earpieces that had been supplied to them, they could hear Nemuri remark about how scary he was and the near unadulterated killing intent slipping through the cracks of his eyes.

When the Cavalry Battle itself started almost all of the teams went immediately after Problem Child #2 who, after a few minutes of being annoyed with the sheer amount of people coming after him, had blasted off of the horses (his other teammates) and had started flying after them and stealing their headbands from above. There was a single team coming after Todoroki and Problem Child #1's team, which was a team consisting of Tokoyami, Uraraka, Iida and Yaoyorozu.

However, despite what possibly Nedzu or Shouta himself had been thinking, the Problem Child simply left his team, Hatsume taking the foot he had been supporting, and chased them down. At some point Yaoyorozu had created smoke bombs and had launched them, obscuring everybody's view from what was happening. The smoke had soon cleared after Problem Child #2 had blasted to the cloud and it revealed Problem Child #1 quickly ran back to his team and Yaoyorozu's team was completely knocked down. Iida was struggling against rope that presumably Yaoyorozu had made to trap Problem Child #1. Note to self, Problem Child #1 cannot be trapped.

Another interesting thing happened during the Cavalry Battle, while Todoroki had been supporting the left of shinsou (while Hatsume had been supporting the whole right side of Shinsou), a team that had been previously chasing down Problem Child #2's headbands had instead turned towards them and were chasing them down from the left. Todoroki had appeared to panic and accidentally let loose a small but definitely very noticeable wave of flames towards them. After doing so, and seeing that the team wasn't too injured, Todoroki had allowed his calm face to contort into one of a temporary rage seemingly angry at himself.

When Problem Child #1 returned he got a firm glare from the boy, had visually gulped, but continued. Nothing else interesting had seemed to happen, the dramatics had all run out in the beginning. SHouta was disappointed that no one had thought to take Team Yaoyorozu's points though.

10,000,570 points Team Bakugou: Bakugou Katsuki, Sero Hanta, Kirishima Ejiro, Tsuyu Asui

890 points Team Shinsou: Shinsou Hitoshi, Todoroki Shoto, Midoriya Izuku, Hatsume Mei

765 points Team Monoma: Monoma Neito, Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, Shiozaki Ibara, Komori Kinoko

520 points Team Yaoyorozu: Yaoyorozu Momo, Iida Tenya, Uraraka Ochoco, Tokoyami Fumikage