Chapter Six

That night, Y/N had plans with Wanda and Vis to go out and get a drink. However, when she called to double check, they asked if they could reschedule for another day. She told them that she was actually planning on staying a full week from Monday and that anytime that week would work for them.

So she spent the afternoon hanging out with Chloe who came home in the late morning. They went shopping in the art district and caught up over coffee before going thrifting and heading back home before dinner.

Once dinner was over, where Sherri, Thomas, Chloe, and Y/N hung out as a family, the parents went to bed early and Chloe went over to a friend's house to hang out again. Leaving Y/N by herself reading a book on the back porch.

After reading the same page for the 10th time, she let out a huff from not being able to still her mind from the events of the morning.

She looked over at the clock, seeing it was only 9:00. But in her head, it was six. She bit her thumb as she stared at the clock ticking away with each second. After about 14 tiks, she rolled her eyes before going upstairs and changing.

Maybe a night in town by herself would be nice. She noticed there was a bar Wanda and Vis had mentioned that was next to where they planned to eat and figured she deserved a drink after today.

So she put on a pair of nice jeans and a simple t-shirt with an old jean jacket that was twice her size from highschool. She fit into a little better now, but it was definitely still giant on her figure. Grabbing her dad's car keys, she made her way to the mystery bar.

______________

______________

Upon arriving at the bar, she realized it was a Saturday night, so it was busier than she had planned.

She found a seat at the bar and ordered a local beer before scanning out the place.

It was nice. Not really a dive bar, but an actual nice bar. There was still a pool table and a little game spot to the side, but there were booths full of people eating and talking, and even a DJ with a small dance floor on the other side.

It was a neat little place. Nothing special, but they seemed to know how to make a good drink given the reviews on the menu they proudly displayed from past customers.

Y/N was going over the menu having finished her last drink pretty fast, but before she could even read the second option on the menu, a familiar voice sounded behind her.

"Well, looky here. If it isn't Mrs. Barnes herself."

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows turning at the comment and instantly her eyes widened.

"James?"

"Hey, sweetheart. What are you doing here?" he sauntered to the empty barstool by her. She noticed a weird sway in his walk that helped her put two and two together that something was off with him.