Chapter Fifteen

He stayed out there for a while. And like the world was sharing his sadness and pain, it started to drizzle. Then, the drizzle broke into a full-on downpour. Weather to match his mood. Cold and disappointing, yet symbolic.

When he finally got back inside, slightly drenched, the group was on the edge of their seats, waiting for someone's return. 

Who's? They weren't sure which of the two it would be. But they knew it most likely wouldn't be both.

"What happened?" Wanda was quiet when she asked. The tension at the table was clear.

"Same thing that always happens," Bucky laughed in a sour manner. "She ran."

"What happened at the bar?" Steve asked.

Bucky sat next to him and sent him a blank look.

"I asked about the papers, and it escalated," he answered. Steve closed his eyes before looking down and nodding. "Apparently, it was a lot easier for one of us to sign than the other."

"God, Buck. I'm sorry," the blonde sighed with a small pat on his back.

"It's not you who hauled a cab," Bucky laughed again with a hateful tone. "That's mine, right?" he pointed to the tumbler of unfinished scotch. Before Steve could confirm, Bucky snagged it and took the drink in one whole swig.

The crew looked at Bucky with concern but wasn't shocked in the least. They shared a glance with each other before Bucky waved the waiter over for another round.

It wasn't even 10 minutes later that Wanda's phone began buzzing on top of the counter, bringing all the guy's attention to it.

She had gone to the bathroom, so Vis took it, seeing Sherri was calling her. He sent a confused look at it before showing Steve as Bucky had his head down.

Steve shared the same look and nodded his head to answer.

When Vis picked up, his face went from confused to wide-eyed nerves.

"She what?" Vis asked.

Both Bucky and Steve's heads shot up at his tone.

"Ok, ok," Vis nodded. "Uh, she left before us. We're still at the restaurant, but we can come and-" he was cut off as Sherri kept talking on the other line. He looked at Bucky and nodded his head to him. "Check your phone."

When Bucky, in a drunken manner, pulled out his phone, he noticed while on silent, he had four missed calls from Sherri himself.

"What's going on?" Bucky shot up in his spot more. The adrenaline began sobering him up.

"Yes, yes. We'll be there shortly. Which floor did you say?" he questioned, grabbing Wanda's things before she returned. "Third. Got it. Thank you, Sherri." Hanging up, he looked at the two worried men across from him. "Y/N got in an accident."

______________

Bucky was quick to haul his ass to Steve's car. Wanda was still in the bathroom, and before Vis could even stand to go grab her, he was out the door with Steve close behind.

The two left for the emergency room first, and though Bucky was spinning some, he had sobered enough to gather himself, knowing that Y/N was hurt.

Sherri hadn't given much information besides she was beaten up from the impact from the other car but assured it wasn't going to be an overnight stay kind of injury.

Rushing through the sliding door, Bucky moved quickly to the elevator. He maneuvered through a few patients being wheeled in the hall and one nurse who snuck back into the room she had barely come out of before seeing the linebacker of a man race through the halls.