Chapter Seventeen

Y/N stayed knocked out for the next two hours. Bucky had moved her back to the couch in the living room so he could keep an eye on her better as he read some work papers in the kitchen.

He didn't miss the motion of when he went to pick her up, she snuggled closer to his chest in comfort.

Did he lock away that memory just to have? Absolutely.

"She's still sleeping?" Thomas asked, coming in quietly through the garage door.

"She was up for a little, but knocked out quickly after," Bucky answered, helping him with grocery bags.

"Yeah, sounds about right with those meds," Thomas nodded. "Was she nice to you at least?" he questioned with a raised eyebrow. "Cause don't take it personally if she wasn't. She's been grumpy all day."

Bucky chuckled at that. "No, surprisingly, she's been very civil."

"Good. Good."

Bucky helped him unload the rest of the groceries from the car and as they were putting the last few things up, they heard Y/N grumble as she shuffled on the couch in discomfort.

"You wanna stay for dinner?" Thomas asked.

Bucky drew his eyes away from the figure on the couch and looked at Thomas who had a sly grin on his face.

"I, um, I should-" he started, but was cut off quickly.

"You should stay! I couldn't agree more!" Thomas exclaimed. "Sherri will be excited to have you. Plus, you can help me make that pasta you make. We haven't been gifted with your cooking talent in a while."

"Thomas," Bucky laughed under his breath, fidgeting with the papers he was reviewing earlier.

"Do you have anything that you need to do tonight? And don't lie to me."

Bucky looked at the stern father figure in front of him. No room for argument or excuses.

"No," Bucky shook his head with a small grin.

"Great. I already bought all the ingredients," Thomas smiled, going back to the fridge to grab said ingredients. Tricky old man.

Bucky rolled his eyes in a playful manner and looked back at Y/N still fast asleep on the couch. No point in arguing with the old man as he knew he wouldn't win the argument and he would for sure be making dinner for them tonight.

Deep down though, he wasn't upset to be spending a little extra time with the family.

___________________________

About 45 minutes later, Bucky had finished dinner, Sherri had come home from her shift early, and Chloe had come home as well.

Y/N was still passed out on the couch and they left her like that until it was time to actually eat.

"June Bug," her father said softly as he brushed her shoulder to wake her. "It's time for dinner. You need to eat something."

"Hmm," she moaned before turning on her side to escape his instructions.

"Y/N, you've barely eaten today. A peanut butter sandwich and oreos aren't going to help you heal."

"If I put my mind to it, they will," she mumbled, letting out another groan.

"When's the last time she took some meds?" Sherri asked from the kitchen. Her and Bucky were watching her father try to coax her off the couch.

"Maybe 2 hours ago. A little longer than that?" Thomas shrugged.