Chapter Nine

Why Y/N was nervous and needed to get out of that all of a sudden suffocating tent? Couldn't tell you. Maybe it correlated with how she wasn't all sass and anger with him randomly now. Every time she saw or thought of him for the past 10 years, her blood boiled thinking of their past.

Even at the lawyers office she was mostly civil, but anger and past pain lingered in her veins, making it irritating to just be around him.

Maybe it was seeing him in an old environment that was nothing but good memories for her of him. The two would always go to the farmers market every weekend once Y/N had discovered it. Well, most weekends... Anyway, they never had a bad memory there. And he looked so happy... And so good.

"Get out of your head, Y/N. What you needed to do is done and now the rest of the day is reserved for your family. Bucky is out of the picture for now. He's the least of your concerns," she told herself through deep breaths as she pulled into the garage.

Rushing in she noticed that it was close to 12:15 and her extended family would be over soon. She gave a quick hello to Sherri and Thomas while they cleaned up the living room and family space and raced upstairs for a shower before they came.

She was dressed and ready in record time and with her hair done by 12:55 when she heard the front door open and a squeal of little kids rush in.

(Of course not so off the shoulder;)

She came downstairs quickly and once she turned the corners, she saw the backs of Denise and John

She came downstairs quickly and once she turned the corners, she saw the backs of Denise and John. The two oldest of her three kids were sitting at the barstools being handed orange juice by their grandparents.

"Now that can't be my little niece and nephew. They weren't that big last time I saw them," Y/N said from behind, making everyone turn their head her direction.

"Buggie!" they shouted in unison before plopping down to the ground in a clumsy manner and racing to her as she squatted down to catch them.

"Hey munchkins," she laughed as they trampled her.

Everyone laughed as the three ended up on the ground. Y/N on her back and the little girl and boy both laying on top of her.

"Manny, Lily, be careful," Denise laughed, showing the two year old on her hip as she turned. "We just got her and you're going to break her before we can all say hi."