Chapter Fourteen

The next evening, Y/N had made plans with Steve, Wanda, and Vision to catch up. Sam was supposed to tag along, but he had a last minute family thing that came up.

Wanda had danced on eggshells about inviting Bucky as well after Y/N explained that they had made up for the most part. But after hinting at it, Y/N agreed that the whole group should hang out again after all these years, including Bucky.

She took a taxi to meet them all at the restaurant/bar since she wasn't sure how many drinks she was going to have tonight.

Sure, Bucky and her made up... But after they made up, it was still a little awkward as she left. They didn't really sit and chit chat after all their feelings were laid out on the table. It was tense having all that come out at once after 9 years, so Y/N made an excuse to head back home knowing she would be seeing more of him later.

When she came in, she saw Vision and Wanda already at a table waiting for her. Steve and Bucky weren't there yet apparently, as they were nowhere in sight.

"Hey! Oh my God, you look so good! What the hell?" Wanda said, standing with open arms to meet Y/N in a big hug before she could even sit down. Once she pulled back to do a scan over Y/N, she raised her eyebrows with a smirk. "I see your fashion sense only got better with age. Looks to match too, huh?"

Y/N was wearing baggy canvas pants that were tightened at the waist with a belt and a tight long sleeve shirt with a square neckline that cut off just above the pants. It was a simple outfit made cute just by adding a few accessories and by having her hair done. Although, she had opted for a messy braid going down her back with wisp of wayward hairs framing her face.

"We're just lucky I'm an overpacker because I was only planning on being here for a few nights

"We're just lucky I'm an overpacker because I was only planning on being here for a few nights. Not a week," she laughed after hugging Wanda back. "But you! Oh my. Auburn was meant for you." Y/N fiddled with a piece of Wanda's long hair that she had simply curled for the night.

"You know, my hair started getting lighter and my auburn undertones were coming out, and I said, eh why not? Let's go all the way!" Wanda laughed. "But you like it? It looks ok?"

"Ok? Sis that would be the understatement of the year. If anyone was meant to have red hair, it's you and Nat. No one else in this world can pull it off as well as you two."

"You spoil me," Wanda waved with a flutter of her eyes.

"I don't suppose I can get a hug as well, could I?" Vis asked, standing from the booth behind Wanda.

"Oh Vis! How are you?" she jumped over to the man giving him the same loving hug as his fiance.

The three sat there complimenting and catching up with each other for a few minutes before finally sitting and getting a few drinks ordered.

"Where are Steve and Bucky? I thought they'd be here by now," Wanda asked, looking at the door.

"Steve texted and said they had an appointment that went longer than expected. They're headed home now to change and should be on their way here soon," Vis explained.