Chapter 8 - Legends of Today

Sarah's POV

He just hit 1,375." Caitlin said as her, Harry and I watch Barry run on the treadmill.

What's the fastest Barry's run?" Harry asked us.

Little over Mach 2, when he ran back in time." I said to Harry as he looks at Cait and I.

That's not good." Harry said before turning the mic on. " That's good, Barry. We have out work cut out for us.

I'm not getting faster, am I?" Barry asked as he came up to Cait, Harry and I.

Well-" Caitlin started.

No. You're not." Harry corrected Barry.

All right. Well, let's fix this, right?" Barry asked. " I mean, I can't beat Zoom at this speed it felt like I was standing still next to him.

Oh, that's because you practically were." Harry said. " Zoom is at lest three, four times faster than you at this point."

How is he so much faster than Barry is, and Jay was?" Caitlin asked.

Physiology, form, strength. Should be a number of things. Attitude, diet.."

Okay. Well, there's gotta be something we can do about it." Barry said. " So, let's just figure it out. Fast. Okay?" Barry asked as he wraps his arm around my shoulder and leads me out of the Cortex.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Man, this was a bloodbath." Joe said as he held up photos of a crime last night.

Done by one person." I said as Joe, Barry, Patty and I were in our lab.

One person did all this?" Patty asked me. I was about to answer her but Barry took the spotlight.

Oh, yeah. You can see from the blood patter. This guy was shot first, then the Police Chief, then these three were stabbed, before finishing off the Captain." Barry explained as I smiled.

Yeah, he likes the spotlight, do you?" I smiled at Barry causing him to smirk and shrug his shoulders.

Wow! Do you think a meta-human did it?" Patty asked.

I don't know, but Sarah found this in all of the stab victims' wounds. It's some type of cryptocrystalline. Flint, most likely. Probably broke off the blade during the fight. We'll run it to make sure." Barry said as he held up a plastic bag.

Let's see what stores sell those kind of flint knives." Joe said to Patty.

Will do. Bye." Patty said before walking off with Joe.

And by the way, I do like the spotlight." Barry smiled. Causing me to laugh.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I can't believe you're the Flash. And that you work with the Flash." Kendra says as everyone was in the Cortex.

Yeah. Let's keep that on the DL." Cisco chuckles towards Kendra.

This is the same knife that was used to kill the men at the docks. The residue's a perfect match. " I explained to Joe as Barry and I stood by the knife.

So it is the same guy." Joe said to us.

Definitely. But the thing is, these blades are old. Centuries old." Barry informed as he looks at the blade.

Do you have any idea why this guy would be after you?" Iris asked Kendra.

No. I've never seen him before in my life." Kendra stated.

Well, he was certainly acting like he knew you. He kept calling her Priestess Chay-Ara. " Cisco informed.

That's Coptic." Harry stated.