Chapter 16 - Trajectory

Sarah's POV

Harry, Caitlin, Cisco, and I brought Barry here to train him. Barry wants to get faster than Zoom so he can defeat him so we decided to help him.

Whoo-hoo-hoo," Cisco started to say as he threw the rock at the water and he and Barry stood close. "Uh, it didn't look this deep on the map.

That's cause maps are flat,'' Barry pointed out. "This is, like a thousand feet deep.

Well, you want to get faster," Cisco tells him. "Maybe plummeting to your death is the motivation you need.

So to reach escape velocity, you're gonna have to go that fast," Harry said to Barry as he showed him the speed on his notepad.

Well, that fast is impossible," Barry tells him. "I can promise you that."

Ah, 'Nothing in life is promised except death,' Harry quoted someone.

Edgar Allan Poe?" Barry guessed.

Kanye West," Harry said.

I laughed a bit.

If it makes you feel any better, Evel Knievel cleared a line of cars that was twice this long, and he didn't even have superpowers," Cisco mentioned to Barry when he walked up to him. Cisco smiled. "Unless you count that sweet-ass ride.

Do you hear yourself?" Barry asked him.

What?" Cisco asked. "Look, you're gonna be fine. I'm eighty percent sure of it. Okay. seventy-six. Like, a strong seventy-two. I can't stop, Caitlin, Sarah, help.

If you don't feel ready, you probably shouldn't do it," Caitlin advised.

You don't have to rush this," I added.

Not helpful," Cisco tells us.

Look, Zoom's still out there," Barry began. "And once I find a way back to Earth-2, I have to be faster than him. And, I mean, right now—I wasn't even fast enough to save Jay.

Caitlin and I then looked down and held each other's hands.

I have to try," Barry concluded and got in position. Barry then ran to the trees.

He's gonna make it," Caitlin smiled.

Barry continues to run on the trees until he falls to the water.

No!" I yelled and ran in front of the waterfall.

Oh, damn," Harry said.

I tried to look for Barry until we saw Cisco's drones on the net and Barry was on the net thank god. I smiled and let my sigh of relief out.

Why'd you have to bring those drones along, Cisco?" Cisco mocked us as he used his drones controller. 'Oh, I don't know.' You're welcome, everyone.

We looked at Barry and he shook his head

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We came back here after Barry's training session.

Scooch," Cisco tells Jesse as she was watching something on the computer.