Chapter 21 - The Runaway Dinosaur

Sarah's POV

We're still devastated that Barry's gone. He disappeared out of nowhere.

Barry, he's gone." I mumbled into Cisco's chest.

This wasn't su—I didn't—I'm so sorry," Harry stuttered.

We lost him." Henry stated.

No, no, no, no, he—he could've got knocked somewhere or maybe even run there," Cisco said as he went over to the computer. "Nothing on the GPS."

There were strikes all over the building. Jesse, come down here please Jesse? Wally?" Harry asked before him, Joe and Iris raced to the Time Vault. Later Joe came in.

Henry, Wells' daughter is upstairs. The energy hit her, too. Her heart stopped beating. Henry!" Joe said to him.

All right," Henry said as he stood up from the stairs.

Cisco, vibe him," I told him softly as I wiped my tears. "He's alive and I know that from my heart. Please."

Cisco touched Barry's suit and then he gasped. "I saw him!" Cisco announced. "I saw Barry."

Henry and Joe turned to Cisco and I.

He's alive," Cisco concluded.

I smiled as tears were coming down. "Oh, thank god," I let out a sigh of relief and I hugged Cisco.

~*~*~*~*~

Speed Force: Barry's Childhood Home*

Barry's POV

Barry was sleeping on his bed. He woke up and gasped. He was looking around his room. He saw his fish tank and his childhood stuff. He then saw the book he read when he was a kid. The Runaway Dinosaur. Barry went downstairs and chuckled. He smiled until he saw the POLICE LINE DO NOT CROSS yellow tape aka the crime scene and he saw Joe in the crime scene.  "Joe?" Barry called him.

Good to see you, Barry," Speed Force Joe smiled at him as he stood up. "But I'm not Joe."

You're not?" Barry questioned.

No," Speed Force Joe said to him.

And all of this?" Barry asked. "It's not real?"

How do you feel, being back here?" Speed Force Joe asked Barry.

Speed Force Joe got out of the crime scene. "We thought you'd be more comfortable talking to someone who looked familiar and in a place you knew," He tells Barry.

We?' " Barry questioned. "Who's 'we,' exactly?"

That's a little hard to explain," Speed Force Joe tells him.

Barry nodded slowly.

Sit, Barry," Speed Force Joe said. "Sit."

Barry sat on the table.

Speed Force Joe sat on the couch. "How much do you know about the Speed Force?" He asked Barry.

It's the source of my power," Barry stated. "It's what makes me a speedster."

Yes and no," Speed Force Joe said. "When the first subatomic particle sprang forth from the Big Bang to form reality as you know it, we were there. When the last proton decays, stops vibrating and plunges the universe into heat death, we'll be there too."