thirteen

stans pov

ah, school.

it's finally here, the weekend rolls around and it'll be the time where i have to face what i've been dreading all this time. stan marsh, hitting a woman. it'll probably break out within a matter of seconds then i'll be known as the most hated person in school.

i brush my teeth lazily as i look at my gloomy reflection of myself. god, when was the last time i slept properly? i look so withered and disgusting, almost out of a horror movie.

i finally finish brushing and spit out my toothpaste, heading back into my room and changing into the clothes i first see on the floor. that's when one button wouldnt do up on my shirt and i snap.

"GOD FUCKING DAMNIT JUST GET THROUGH THIS FUCKING HOLE!" i shout enraged, i then whip my pants off and throw them at my wall. "stanley? is everything okay bun?" my mum shouts from below, i sigh. managing to get out a "yeah" afterwards, i get a different pair that easily does up.

when have i become so- angry? what the hell is going on with me lately? i pick up my school bag and head out of my room, trying not to seem overly tired in front of everyone in my household. "oh, here's your lunch stan." dad says, i grab it mumbling thanks and walked outside.

the cold breeze hits my face immediately, warmth disintegrating off of my entire body, god i fucking hate life. i slump and walk to school, dodging big piles of snow. suddenly i get a notification from my phone.

NEW MESSAGE | IMESSAGE
SBB: Hey, we walking to school together?

i don't want to be hated on, the thought of us showing up and people blaming kyle for my actions made my heart wrench, yet i didn't want to say no. yet for his safety..

SBB

Hey, we walking to school together?

sorry can't i can't risk you gettin hurt

I need to talk to you. It's important. Please?

no can it wait till break?

Yeah, whatever.

i felt bad, turning down kyle especially to walk to school and hold his hand would be something i'd be more than happy to be doing right now but i can't. i cant have him getting hurt like last time, even that was so painful for me to witness. but..i do wonder what he wanted to talk about?

i realize that i'm almost at school since i can see it in the distance, i'm not ready for this. i don't know how well i can take this considering if i know my actions were bad then i can only imagine how everyone else is going to feel.

i then cross the road and i already come across with several dirty looks, of course wendy had to tell everyone before i get here. what did i expect really? all of a sudden i see an angry token coming towards me. shit.

"ah, stan. didn't know you were a woman beater. if you know where i come from, it's from a no woman abuse zone. so we are directed to beat the living pulp out of somebody if they try that shit. so i guess it's your turn motherfucker."

before i managed to even get a word out, token was putting multiple hits, kicks and painful punches to my skin. i know all of it is going to leave nasty violet marks decorated on me. i try and defend myself by swinging back but it's hopeless, i give up on defeat as i see people gathering cheering token on.

before i pass out from all the vivid pain, i see kyle horrified. he knows he can't do anything.

my weak angel.

———

i awake, my eyes being blinded by bright led lights. i recognize the blue walls, i'm in the nurses office? i glance over to see kyle and kenny. except, kyle fell asleep on kenny's shoulder.

"you're awake now, hm?" kenny said in a whisper voice, trying not to wake kyle up. "dude what happened?" i groan out, all of a sudden i felt shocks of pain everywhere causing me to hiss.

"token beat the living shit out of you from what it seemed like. butters and i brought you here, kyle was freaking out and i had to calm him down multiple times." i managed to let out an "oh." i didn't mean for kyle to be that worried.

"thanks for bri-" "before you thank me, tell me why the hell he decided to beat you up in the first place? kyle wouldn't tell me anything."  kenny said now crossing his arms. i sigh, this was going to be a long story.

"-ah. i see, honestly stan you're in a very bad place right now. and it can't be helped because most men who hit women are very bad people who have no l-" "okay kenny you don't have to remind me of what a lowlife i am." i huff, itching my elbow in awkwardness.

"you need to do what's right and apologize to wendy, she's a bitch and probably won't forgive you but it's the least you can do. there's no 'justifying' for what you did but it's all you can do." kenny finishes, he then opens up a comic book to read.

i sigh and look down at kyle, god and to think us liking one another caused such mayhem at school. is it even safe for us to be with one another? i cant keep on affecting kyle in such a stressful and negative way.

"kenny do you think it's best that kyle and i are together?" i ask, defeated. i dreaded even asking this question to anyone since it's showing that i cant make the simplest conclusions by myself. kenny closes the comic and looks at me sternly.

"stan, want to know something funny? kyle asked me the exact same question. so i'm going to tell you the same thing i told him. right person, wrong time. you two shouldn't be together while being put under all of this stress. as much as you two would make a lovely couple- things are too extreme to even take the time to be there for one another." i look down and tried to process of what kenny has just told me.

would this mean i have to break up with kyle?

"so do we have to-" "-yes stan. this means breaking up till the drama settles or till you two are at least out of high school." kenny bluntly states. when did he become so professional at this type of talk?

the empty feeling i felt this morning has risen upon me again, except i felt so sad. the thought of breaking up with someone i truly like and having to wait for their tender kisses, securing hugs and loving cuddles just makes my heart shatter. i really like kyle. i don't want this to end, but if it's the sake for his security i'll do if.

i'll do it for him and him only.

even if it tears me apart.