fifteen

kyles pov

everything is not the same, as it once was at least. it feels like there's something missing inside of me and i don't know what that "something" is. i stare at my bowl of cereal that's filled with soggy fruit loops, mushing them together with my spoon in an uninterrupted daze-

"kyle sweetie! you're going to miss your bus!" i snap back into reality from the shout my mom had given me from the dining hall. i get off of my chair, get my lunch together, put on my shoes and head outside to wait at my usual stop.

i inhale the fresh air given to me, and exhale with a bit of a shake in my breath. i feel so... what's the word here? debilitated. my mind doesn't feel right, i don't feel right anymore. i want something to fill this silence that is stuck in my head currently.

the bus pulls up and i am forced yet again to pull myself back into the moment.
come on kyle.. pull yourself together. my mind orders me to be functional. i get on and sit in the middle to escape the popular kids, i usually overhear their conversations about the newest gossip, and their crazy party stories they have over the course of a weekend.

their hottest topic at the moment was currently me though.

"hey isn't that kid from south park elementary?" i overhear, "yeah he just transferred not too long ago i heard. apparently he's caused trouble at his old school" a whole group of  oooo's come out of the kids' mouths.

the bus pulls up and we exit the bus in a chaotic matter, once i hop off the bus i get a view of my school.

my new school.

a lot of the kids around me secretly talk behind my back and i act like i don't hear it. it's nothing overly bad though, usually when a new person comes to a school people take interest since the new person in question is "mysterious" and "unheard of." it makes people question who you are and what you're trying to present yourself as.

i have nothing to present currently though, i was just known as the jackass who stole a girls boyfriend and potentially caught the entire schools attention. or the kid who has caused "trouble" or "mischief" or "ruckus."

this will not be another repeated incident here though.. i promised myself that. my family told me that this move was to be for a more positive benefit, especially for my dads new job which was the main reason why we ever left.

i walk up to the front doors of the school and head in to find my first class, who would've knew that schools could be so huge? i wander aimlessly to try and find my first period class. i always seem to forget the location though.

142...142...where are you room 142?

"screw this damn school" i mutter under my breath.
"yeah i'm with you on that." i turn around and see a tall figure standing over me. large body frame, brown hair with blonde highlights and captivating hazel eyes. i analyze all of his features from head to toe.

safe to say he was really pretty.

"you new here?" he asks, giving a peak of interest towards me "uh, sort of yes. right now i've been trying to find my first class but i always forget where it is." i scratch the back of my neck in an awkward stance, i hate that i admitted that to a stranger.

he chuckles and faces his entire body towards me. "you don't have a thing to worry about a thing. i have been here for years so i can help you around, that is.. if you want it." he seemed mysterious and i couldn't put my finger on why. why does he want to help me?

"uhm, yeah. that would be very nice. lead the way!" i say trying to bring out some form of enthusiasm, i instantly regret it since it made me sound stupid. he chuckles at me "you're kinda silly. this way." we head up one flight of stairs and turn two corners and suddenly here we are. room 142.

"welp, here we are dude. oh shoot the time! got to head to class, maybe see you around??" the mysterious yet charming guy crams all of his words together, i stumble across my words trying to get a word in. "uh yeah! yes! thank you, see you around!" he smiles and jogs off and i head into my classroom.

thankfully there wasn't a lot of students in here to turn their heads at me but i quickly eye an empty seat and sit myself down instantly. my heart is still running quick.

that guy was so strange i thought, and not the type of strange where it puts you off but the type that makes you more intrigued and filled with investment. i am determined to see that guy again, even if he could be a secret serial killer or a horrible human being. i just have the desire to know him more.

the class was getting louder due to all the students rushing in but my mind was so loud itself that it drowned out all the noise around me. "OKAY CLASS!" the class and my thoughts quickly simmer down in a jolt. "thank you, in today's class we will be discussing the different angles of trigonometry that can or can't be solved." i silently groan.

math.

———

the whole day felt like a blur but before i knew it, i was outside beginning to make my way to the bus stop to get myself home. that's when i noticed him.

he seemed to be talking with a huge group of guys, laughing here and there about things i couldn't quite hear. that's when his eyes lie on me. he then waves his hand at me. "YO! curly locks, come over here." he shouts.

i get a little flustered by the nickname and shuffle myself slowly over there, his friends are the first to introduce themselves. "yoooo, im nathan." "sup man, im kevin" i say hey to them back, and introduce myself. "kyle huh? that's a very suiting name for you honestly. the name's douglas"

i kind of chuckle when he states his name. "wait why are you laughing?" "i just never expected your name to be douglas" we all share a quick laugh. "why? do i not appear as a douglas?" he says in disbelief, i nod my head a little.

we all head on to the bus. and we sit as a group, i sit next to douglas and he smells absolutely amazing. imagine if the smell of the cool air breeze and mint leaves collided, boom! that is douglas.

we share some jokes as we get to our stops one by one, i cant remember the last time i had a good laugh like this. it brings me such memories of my old group... stan.

my smile instantly fades, "are you good kyle?" nathan asks, i nod my head and plaster a fake smile on my face till my stop comes. when it comes i say my goodbyes and douglas pats me on the back, my smile instantly fades again.

i miss them so much. i miss.. him.

—-
WOAHHH!!! hey there, okay so i came back here after so long and i was reading your guys' comments on the last page of my story and THE AMOUNT OF LOVE?? and the support and everything?? it has my heart wrenching! thank you guys so much, this chapter was honestly half done and i figured id put it in for you guys, as a thank you. i will try and update the best that i can from now on (no promises) and make the storyline a little more structured but ah!! hope you enjoy!!