fourteen

kyles pov

"kyle, wakey wakey." i flutter my eyes open to see kenny there, waving his hand in front of my eyes. i grumble and set my focus on the nurse bed. stan watching my every movement.

"hello?" i said groggily, "morning sleepyhead." stan says, "you're awake?? oh my god how are you feeling?" "i'm fine." stan said putting the light conversation to an end, silence fills in the room quicker than i thought. i look over to kenny as he stands up. "i'm going to use the washroom, be right back." i really wish he didn't leave though...as it leaves stan and i alone together.

the door closes and the silence and thought mixture grows louder than my own heartbeat. i don't know what i should be saying or doing. how do i tell stan that we cant work for now? that we cant do this right now? the moments we had, felt so time capturing even if it was only for a month. how do i tell him..how?

"kyle, i have been meaning on talking to you about something." stan speaks up, causing my thoughts to evaporate. "so have i.." i managed to get out really anxiously, its finally time to talk about this. it's finally happening, my heart beats faster and faster matching my breathing which was rapid.

how do you tell someone that-

"it's not the right time."

my eyes immediately shot themselves into stan's eyes. "listen kyle, we have liked one another for a long time and we finally made it into something much more. it was good at first but it's brought us nothing but dread, drama and hate. our so called "love" hasn't brought us any good, and seeing you get wrapped in with all of it makes me feel guilty because you don't need that. you don't deserve that. so i'm calling our relationship off, for good. this can not continue any further."

stan huffs out his final word and my heart is wrenching so hard, i cant fathom this feeling i'm getting from his words. i knew i was going to say the exact same thing but the way he worded it hurt me even more. I wanted to tell him that, I wanted to get the final word out so when i said it, i could walk away and hurt less.

why did he beat me to it?

there was no more time to think, i knew i had to answer, i knew i had to agree and end it. but here in this moment, i didn't want it to. even throughout the problems that we have been handed due to our relationship, i still want to be standing by somebody i can call my boyfriend's side aka stan marsh. but..who can i stand beside now?

"stan i-"

"kyle you can't save it, as in us. our relationship will reunite some other time, okay? this isn't a farewell, it's a see you later. now, go. make new memories, experience new things. i'll wait for you, no matter how long it takes" stan interrupts, my eyes are welling up with tears.

i get up and i speed walk over to stan and give him the most passionate kiss i could've ever given, something that could explain how much this is going to hurt, something that could explain how much i'm going to miss kissing his chapped lips that tasted like soda. we kiss for a solid minute, a good minute of feeling peace and comfort. i pull away despite fighting my inner self not to, how i wish this could last much longer.

how i wish to cherish this, this moment, all the other times that we have spent together- boyfriend or not, he meant more than words could ever describe to me. now, we are going to have to become strangers.

"you're my super best friend, stan."

"you're my super best friend too, kyle."

i head out the door, not looking or even turning back. i knew this was the end to something beautiful, this had to have been the start to something new. my heart is aching, my mind is tv static, im moving without thought. i am out of the school, heading home.

little did everyone know on this day, i will not be returning to south park highschool.

A/N
AYYYY GUESS WHO DECIDED TO UPLOAD THIS HIDDEN CHAPTER I DIDNT EVEN KNEW I WROTE!!! i came back because i miss this era of writing, and what do ya know?? chap 14 was hidden like some money in pants! 😫🫶 hahaha, i hope you guys enjoy. this chapter really is shorter than the rest but has a good twist right at the end. i might write some side stories (AU's on the side of this) or MAYBE start back up in writing again. who knows!! love you!