015

015

december 27th

it was two days after christmas, a day that melanie adored. december was her favorite time of the year, it just felt like mariah carey and gingerbread candles from bath and body works. besides, its when her family comes together to really capture the full essence of christmas.

for the last two christmas's (basically three), mel has had a boyfriend. jung sungchan. they started dating four months into her junior year when he accidentally admitted his feelings after trying to tease her. ever since then, he has treated her like an absolute princess.

absolutely all of their friends were so relieved when they started dating, knowing it was only about time. mel was thankful for him though, because instead of forcing it he never tried to be anything more than best friends. he knew she had gone through trouble with guys, and didn't want her to jump into anything before she was ready. he absolutely is the perfect boyfriend.

mel sat in the room with her girl friends which consisted of: joori, jade, sooyoung, bella, and niyeon. joori painted jades finger nails while bella and niyeon took photos. sooyoung sat on the bed with melanie, the two girls using their phones while they charged.

jade and niyeon have been working with mel for five months, after niyeon decided that mel was perfect for the job. niyeon has been dating mark for a year and a half already, the two having met at a restaurant.

lucas challenged mark to a game of tossing straws the furthest, and mark managed to throw it in niyeon's face. luckily for him, it was love at first sight. jude and jade were dying at the situation, but jade managed to get mark's number before they left.

after a week, niyeon decided to call him. they fell in love quickly after, both being absolute hopeless romantics. mel was a bit scared, knowing mark was bad at long term relationships, but with niyeon it just seems like he doesn't even have to try.

"if you wanted green then you shouldn't have chosen pink, now you're going to look like yogurt." joori sighed, jade handing her the neon color. "oh wait, that's your goal."

"i just like bright colors!" jade giggled, the girl already planning to be the life of the party at night.

party, as in the party that would take place that night. thats the reason that jade and jude tagged a long. niyeon came because of mark, obviously. jade, her thai friend, couldn't go home so instead she chose to accompany her best friend.

jude has become quite close to sungchan and felix, the three always being around eachother. felix of course had plenty of other friends, but he loved them alot. jude was really good at understanding people, and sungchan was hard to understand. the two just seemed to click perfectly. mel was ecstatic he found a best friend that wasn't necessarily in the friend group. it made her so happy.

"kim kardashian is having another baby." sooyoung announced, bella gasping to look at the girls phone.

the youngest rolled her eyes, "thats fake. you got me excited for absolutely nothing"

"the way you are such a big fan of the kardashians is alarming." mel scoffed, bella glaring at her.

"it's not my fault my brothers raised me on keeping up with the kardashians." she shrugged, going back to sit next to niyeon.

sooyoung and mel began to hang out unwillingly since melanie was at sungchans side about twenty four seven. the girls reconciled, and all though they aren't the bestest of friends, they don't feel awkward when hanging out. after all, they barely do.

sooyoung doesn't know jade or niyeon well, never visiting mel out of town like joori and bella.

"okay guys, so like if i go abroad i have to literally go like.. now. well.. in two months. but still, i have to literally decide now." joori told them, everyone turning their attention to her.