024

024

mel was extremely aggravated at her friends for somehow mixing this up, but knew it wasn't there fault. it somehow wasn't even yangyang's fault, it was all just a misunderstanding. that made her angry, given that she couldn't direct her loathing towards anyone.

as she made her way outside, the car had seemed to just park. she winced as the door opened, looking away for a second and then tried to mask her feelings. if she had to be in the car with him for an hour then she might as well try to not fight.

"hey, you ready?" hendery asked, clearly trying to make it feel normal as well. "yang said there were a couple more items to pack up, need help?"

mel nodded as she led him inside to the things that dasom told her to make sure to bring.

they quickly finished loading the car, and eventually both got in. mel was quick to turn on the radio, flipping through the stations as if she were to be genuinely looking for something. the two went almost ten minutes in silence, but it eventually become unbearable.

"we can at least try—"

"no, shutup." mel didn't want to hear him try to swim his way back into her good side, he was the worst person she knew. she could get kidnapped, murdered, sex trafficked, eaten, and would still hate hendery more than those people.

hendery sighed, giving the girl his phone. "for if you wanna put your spotify on."

"you have my playlist?"

"well if you still use the same spotify then yes." hendery shrugged, mel nodding and taking the phone. she typed something, then began to play her eminem. hendery slightly smiled at her, shaking his head.

mel looked at him, and then back to his phone. he willingly gave her his phone, unlocked like that? weird. she checked his notifications for fun, and it was full of yangyang apologizing. she smiled to herself as she realized he didn't want to be here just like her.

"okay fine.. let's try." mel rolled her eyes, easing up the tension as the boy widened his eyes. "i still hate you, but you can try to make me hate you a little bit less."

"i don't really know how to do that.. uh i can start by apologizing. i never did that." hendery shrugged, giving her a quick glance.

mel looked at her phone. forty more minutes in this car. "no, not yet. let's just talk.. and i swear if you try to kiss me i will make you crash this car."

he laughed at her sense of humor, trying to focus on what she said. "did you watch wandavision?"

"i one hundred percent did, are you going to share your theories with me?" mel raised an eyebrow, hendery raising both. "okay so i read that she's gonna be with doctor strange in his movie, but is that coming out before or after the next spiderman?"

"doctor strange comes out after, but they will hands down be connected. now i don't think wanda will be in spiderman unless its a post credit scene, but signs definitely point to her being in doctor strange."

"right, so hes gonna help spiderman. i really hope andrew garfield and tobey mcguire make an appearance. also!!!! if they make wanda a villian in doctor strange then i will handsdown burn down the mcu because she does not deserve that!" mel ranted, the two sharing their love of superheros.