034

034

mel's attention was caught as she saw a person get up from the couch and walk outside. nobody really noticed because everyone was so enticed on playing just dance, but the girl stood up and followed him.

she opened the door, watching as her brother jumped on the rails and pulled out his phone. he looked up once he saw mel come outside, and looked back down. "you okay?"

mark patted the rails, his sister going to join him on the side. a couple seconds of silence happening, mark struggling to think of what to say or how to say it. "i'm gonna go home."

mel raised her eyebrows, concerned. "i'll go with you."

"no.. you'll stay here and not let your vacation get spoiled even more than it already has. mom's the best at dealing with heartbreak, don't worry." mark tried to joke around, feeling anxious about even telling his mother. gennifer always said that her favorite out of sungchan, areum, and niyeon was niyeon. with her gone, she'll be so upset.

and if he decides to tell her everything that happened, he'll also get his ass beat by his own mother.

mel sighed, trying to read her brother but only saw his cloudy eyes covered in self doubt. "you haven't been the greatest lately, but i know you're a really good person. everything's going to be okay, i promise."

"how is everything going to be okay if niyeon doesn't want to be with me anymore?" mark asked, mentioning his ex girlfriend, which was so painful.

mel sighed, throwing her hands in the air, "what the hell even happened? how did you screw up so bad that it made her leave?"

"i hurt her really badly, i accidentally let dasom know a secret of niyeons. and by secret, i mean actual secret. i'm so stupid, i hate this so much. i wish i cut dasom off the second i saw her. fuck." mark groaned, putting his head in hands as he tried not to cry. crying in front of a younger sibling makes you lose major cool points, according to him. "i just want to go home."

"are you leaving tonight?" mel asked her brother, the boy simply nodding. "you can talk to me about how you feel, you know."

mark sighed, looking up at the starry night. "i get how you felt that night with hendery, i hate myself for letting you feel like this. its so stupid, i dont even feel like a real person right now. i'm like an automaton, imitating other people because i forgot how i act regularly, or i just have no motivation to even try. this sucks so bad, and it hurts and i just need to go home."

JADE CHENhey

JADE CHEN
hey

JADE CHEN
are you okay?

PARK NIYEON
hi

PARK NIYEON
no

PARK NIYEON
i cried too much while trying
to move out of the apartment so
my mom said we can do it another
day but for now it wont do me
any good