050

050

the last night at the cabin had everyone sitting in a circle happily inside, mark and niyeon finally back and enjoying each others warmth while the other's enjoyed the presence of everyone.

mel was trying her hardest to seem unbothered, but between the kiss she had to eventually deal with and the fact that dasom was cuddled up next to sungchan, she felt horrible. the girl looked over at bella, the teen giving her a small smile and started talking to jisung quickly after.

upon seeing the delicate and dainty hand grab on to sungchan's leg as she laughed, mel felt a sudden tug at her stomach and tried not to let it bother her. she had absolutely zero reason to be bothered, but still, she needed a moment to herself.

mel stood up, her breath finally getting stuck in her throat as she rushed outside. it was, of course, raining. she didn't mind though, if anyone saw her then her tears would blend in perfectly with the rain.

she would be showering right after, anyway.

as the rain touched every dry spot on her body, she looked up and closed her eyes to enjoy it, trying not to think about them. however, just the thought made her heart act up again, melanie groaning in frustration as she looked back down to the grass and tried to breathe as she counted.

after taking her quick breather outside and ready to go inside, mel turned around to spot sungchan behind her. jumping from the surprise, she furrowed her eyebrows as she wondered how he came outside without her noticing, but realized the rain was too loud to notice any small sounds. "oh.. how long have you been there?"

"kinda followed you like right away.. are you okay?" he asked, mel laughing at the awkwardness. she was stuck, not knowing how to even reply to him.

while she could let all her worries out, she didn't want to automatically shit on him and his feelings for dasom. but still, it was hurting her that he could love someone who hurt her. anyone but her.

of course, she had zero right to say this or even think it. just yesterday, her lips were interlocked with someone else's. and mel likes sicheng, she didn't want to self sabotage herself. she definitely didn't want to hurt sicheng.

"it's all good." she was quiet for a second, unsure if he even heard her due to the rain, and then dropped the smile, not bothering to lie to the boy who put up with her mood swings for years, "actually, it's really not. look sungchan, i know i said i really was going to let you go and just completely... stop.. but seeing you with dasom.. i just can't. i understand if you like her and want to be with her, but i wish you'd consider it. i still.. feel something for you, and i have tried convincing myself i dont. like seriously, scratching at every corner of my braid, type try, but it's impossible. and i know confessing to someone who has a person is bottom level type shit, but i just can't fathom the fact that you're with dasom now. she's not good for you."

the girl finished ranting, having teared up from her passionate and embarrassing speech. his expression grew into a smirk, the girl confused.

".....so why do you care about sooyoung so much? you know she just got out of a relationship, right? she's sensitive." he told her, bending down to make himself clearer. this, however, only confused the girl even more.

"what are you even saying?" mel asked, growing impatient with the boy who she literally just confessed to. she was way too embarrassed and the fact that they were both soaked did not make it any better.

sungchan chuckled dryly, looking up at the dark clouds full of rain. "you've always been a person to assume first and ask questions later."

"i'm sorry? also, nothing that you're saying is making any sense to me." mel replied, trying to understand what he is attempting to imply.

"the sooyoung thing, that's the day you met me and assumed i was hired by her brother to break her heart. thought it kinda went hand in hand with this whole assuming dasom and i are a thing." sungchan smiled, the girl widening her eyes as she slapped her forehead.

there she goes, feeling like an absolute dumbass once again. "but you're always with her."

"that's true. she's been around me nonstop, but she's been helping me come to terms with my feelings.... about you." sungchan hesitated to say the last part, but felt like it was necessary for the direction he knew the conversation was heading in.

"she what?" mel asked, squinting her eyes from the rain that was starting to hit her face.

"she thinks we're good together mel, she thinks you really love me and if your enemy could see that then we have a lot of things to sort out." sungchan laughed, the girl still feeling weird about it.

dasom had a change of heart, possibly? "are you sure she's not just trying to trick you into breaking my heart?"

"i was just as confused as you when she started, i'm actually still a bit cloudy but it's really helped me realize some stuff." sungchan smiled, moving her hair from her face.

mel frowned, trying not to think to much of what he's saying. "why now? why do you like me all of a sudden after trying to just be friends for so long? how could i be so sure you won't leave me again for something someone tells you?"

sungchan was shocked, not really ready for this pop quiz. "i don't know mel, i just know you're all i want and i want you to trust me."

she really wanted to, but she knew it hurt a lot to see him believe in what hendery told him more than what she told him. "but why?"

"what?"

"i need to know why!" mel yelled, the rain getting stronger. it was definitely not a good idea to be outside at the moment.

sungchan looked at her, really looked at her. it was like second nature, seeing all the silly things about her that he loves. "maybe because you think jupiter and saturn were soulmates in another life and that they bent the rules of the universe so that they could meet every twenty years. and cause you have drilled it into my head that every time i see a frog that means there is a fairy around, cause you always mentioned how they were best friends and never without one another. or because you get embarrassed when you play your music in the car when a song from a musical comes on, but then continue to only watch musicals and add them to your playlist. or cause you always quote my favorite author but i've never once seen you read any of his books, which means you do it secretly in hopes to impress me."

pausing for a second, he looked around at the rain surrounding them, "and even though we're both gonna get pneumonia... if you need to hear why i love you, i can go on all night."

mel was in awe at his speech, trying to find it in her to accept it, because no one has ever known her the way he does, but something in her heart couldn't. she nodded, and as much as it broke her heart, she walked away, leaving him alone in the rain.

050