Chapter-9

Sitting in that little circle was getting frustrating I couldn’t see anything above the high rock pillars and the black stary sky. I looked at the others, they had similar moods to mine, jenn and derrick were talking about something in whispers and sprout girl was tending to the fire, keeping the smoke in a straight line while georgina was making stuff in sand with a stick.

I walked up to her and looked over her head at her creation, for a sand drawing, it was really pretty, as if the sand was willingly staying in place as she ran her stick through it, she had made a ship, not one I knew from the history books or any ship I had seen on the dock, it was beautiful and intricate, the mast of the ship was beautifully carved and the sails had a few planned cuts that would make the ship faster, as soon as she saw me looking at it she quickly turned around and tried covering it with her back, “what do you want kid?” she said as I plopped down next to her. “you do realize that we are almost the same age, right?” I asked as she just huffed and looked away as I continued. “anyway, what is that?, I haven’t ever seen that one in the history books or on the docks” she scoffed, “you haven’t because it isn’t there.” I looked at her with a confused look on my face. She sighed “this is my ship, I designed it when I was ten, it was very basic then but I have modified it, I always hoped I could get my own ship, I have been saving up money but it’s nowhere near how much I actually need. I will probably need a treasure if I am ever gonna live to see it come to life.”

she said as I looked at the ship again, it was strategically planned to survive any attack and get through storms. I wasn’t an expert but this… It was truly a piece of art. I looked at georgina who was staring at her drawing with a look of longing and sadness on her face. I smiled up at her, “its missing something tho” I said and looked around for a stick. I found a thin twig and walked up to her, she looked at me curiously as I bent down and quickly scribbled something on to her drawing, then got up and brushed the sand off of my legs.

She looked at it as a smile overtook her face. She got up and hugged me, I was shocked for a second but then I hugged her back we stayed like that for a moment. Before the ground started shaking and we broke apart I looked ahead to see a red light making its way through the rocks as they separated creating an opening in the otherwise impassable barrier and breathed a sigh of relief, we could finally get out of this place I looked around as I saw that sprout girl had gotten up and was standing in a fighting stance as I looked back at the light, I had never entertained the possibility of the person saving us to be evil but now that I thought about it I went to the fire and picked up a burning stick as I braced myself for whoever had come to possibly save or kill us.

Zeke’s POV

As mystia opened the barrier with her force magic I prepared myself to meet our guests, I tried to tame my wild
dark brown curls as I flattened by plain tunic and breeches, I wasn’t dressed fancily enough for the occasion, I definitely needed some new shoes, my present boots were worn out and frayed at the soles. I stood a little straighter as I fidgeted with my ring which glowed red and white, I should recharge it soon.

Finally, I looked up and put up my hand to greet the guests as I took in the site in front of me. I saw five people, two girls, one with fierce red hair and the other with medium brown, they were both in a fighting stance with their fists in the front of their faces, there were three guys one was broad with muscles and a somewhat dumb face but he looked ready to punch stuff if he had to, the other two were lean with a little muscle, one was holding a rock looking as me as if trying to intimidate me and the other was holding a burning torch the light illuminating his face in a dark red glow, he had platinum hair, which were almost white and looked blood red under the light from the torch. Looking at their stance Mystia quickly raised her hand ready for a fight, she could knock them all out cold with a flick from her hand so I didn’t know why she looked tense, outsiders had no powers. So naturally we were stronger, we could have world domination if the impassable sea wasn’t there to stop us. I looked at them all, they were waiting for me to make the first move, I wanted them to know I was not the bad guy so I just bowed my head and spread my arms.

“hello outsiders welcome to the island of tawera”

***
Yaay! Chapter... I know it's small and I haven't updated in months but really don't keep expectations  from me, I will complete this book I just don't know when, I need to borrow my sister's laptop to write and she's always on it plus I got homework and shit, so anyway thank u dear hoomans for reading and I hope you have a good morning 🌅 day or night 🌃.