Chapter 6

Enzo was awoken by a bunch of sun rays that harshly fell through the huge panorama windows of the hotel room. Involuntarily he opened his tapas brown eyes and stretched his aching back. It had been ages since he slept that long and deep. Normally, he got up at 5:30 am to start the day with an hour of HIIT. Today, however, the clock at the white wall already hit 9 with Lorenzo barely having done anything productive. Fortunately, he was free today. He yawned tiredly and was about to turn towards the other side of the king-sized bed when the realisation hit him - he was alone. Where the bloody hell was Levi?

The first thought that came to his mind was solely a feeling of stinging confusion but a short look through the sun-drenched room told him that not only the blond-haired boy but also his clothes were missing. He spent the first few minutes thinking about numerous scenarios, that might explain the blind one's disappearance but soon a well-known feeling of rage suffocated those thoughts. 

How could this little waiter dare to elope, leaving me, Lorenzo Este, like a cheap prostitute. That was usually his part. "Maledizione!", he cursed through his teeth and reached for the white shirt, that laid crinkled next to the bed. Just as he picked it up, a shiny piece of paper fell out. Puzzled, he snatched it and uncreased it when he realised that something was written on it.

I had fun - XOXO Levi, was written in an extraordinary messy handwriting.

A dark, booming laughter took hold of his naked body making him sink back into the soft mattress. This moment of bliss didn't last long though. He proceeded to glare at the ceiling, a slight smile playing on his lips. His thoughts travelled to last night and got stuck at Levi's face. Gently, his expression changed into a reflective look. He had no clue why, there was absolutely nothing about Levi's face that he hadn't seen before, but still - his dark green eyes and the straggly blonde hair were almost literally burned into his memories. A sigh escaped his plump lips, before he got himself dressed in the same clothes, he wore last night. After having cleaned up the chaos they created in their heated entanglement, he left the hotel in a rush.

A short glance on his phone screen sufficed to find out all about Levi's whereabouts. Without wasting too much time, his feed led him to the parking lot of the university where the cause of his turmoil studied at. It was loud and vivid there. The asphalted area was crowded with dozens of students who were laughing, chatting or doing assignments. Although his appearance wasn't even nearly as neat as usual, with his hair messily covering his forehead, he was definitely still attractive. Here and there, a few girls whispered, but most definitely about his pleasing appearance and not about the fact that he had not even bottom upped his suit coat correctly. Then again, he was not working right now so he didn't really feel committed to the Este's family etiquettes.

A light smile was plastered on his unshaved face. For whatever reason, he saw Levi at every corner: Levi with a Coffee-to-go rushing into the lecture hall, Levi tattling with other students about their professors, Levi strolling through the huge park, that almost seemed surreal in the autumnal colours. Only after a few seconds he realised, that the young man a few inches away was indeed Levi. In contrast to him, Levi had apparently been home this morning since his hair was styled and he was wearing fresh, tidy clothes. Impulsively, he followed the younger one in an appropriate distance.He was walking under the roof of birch leaves that shone in a frisky gold. Enzo felt himself being reminded of a cheesy Disney-movie, even if all of his Disney-knowledge was based on a movie he watched in 4th grade.

Minutes have passed in which he simply admired the light dancing through the tree crowns and momentarily landing on the boy's hair making it almost appear golden.

However, this momentum soon had to be shattered by the appearance of a couple of young men. They seemed to be a little bit younger than Lorenzo, probably around Levi's age. He noticed how Levi's posture morphed into a defensive stance as he became aware of the footsteps approaching closer.

"Hey, dick head", one of them shouted. Levi immediately froze. Pizza face, as Lorenzo baptized him in his head, had now reached Levi. "Look at me when I am talking to you, queer", the man grunted. He was taller than Levi, perhaps the same height as Enzo. His hair was died in an awful blue, nose pierced. Lorenzo wasn't able to suppress an animalistic growl when the idiot build himself up in front of a fragile-looking Levi. Levi, the only one that had never been ashamed about a rash word, stayed silent.

Everything about this situation flooded Lorenzo's body with rage and he felt the metal of the short hunting knife in his breast pocket, that he grabbed unconsciously.

"Tell me, cocksucker, are you glad to be blind?" another one of this mangy pack of street dogs asked, a kinky grin plastered on his brittle lips. "Of course", pizza face answered spiteful. Like vultures they kept challenging him who only stood there in a bent down body posture. So lonely, it hurt Enzo's cold heart. "Otherwise, he'd always have to puke when he sees his reflection in the mirror."

It was not until then that he became aware of the blood that trickled down his palms, hot and viscous. He had seized the blade so tight that the cold metal cut into his flesh. Every fibre of his body was ready to attack, every muscle contracted, breath steady but erratic. How much would he enjoy to shove pizza face and his companions against the trunks of the birches, hard enough to tattoo their ugly faces into the bark.

In the very moment he wanted to leave the shadows, his phone rang. Startled by the sound, Levi's torturer scanned the surroundings with alarmed expressions and decided on leaving precipitously, but not without shoving Levi against the shoulder, leaving the little one stumbling.

Lorenzo was fuming.

He had shedded so much blood in his life but he was dead sure that the dirty blood of those frikkin figlii di putanna would give him a new level of pure satisfaction.

Nevertheless, he managed to press his mobile against his ear, ignoring the ruby red liquid that seeped down the display like paint. 

"Move your ass back to the mansion", his cousins melodic voice welcomed him without wasting time for a greeting. 

"That better be important, sissy!" he growled in a grimly voice. 

"Hurry", his cousin responded unfazed and ended the call. Without throwing one more glance Enzo left the campus since he was sure, just one more glance at Levi's emotionless face, and he would have lost all composure.

The dark foreboding that this day would not offer anything great had already solidified in his mind, long before he got to know that every motion of his was being monitored.    

"So, you have a weakness too, huh?"