Chapter 11

"What do you mean you are kicking me out?" Levi tried to keep his calm as his landlord told him he has to move out of his apartment in the next two weeks.

"You haven't paid your rent in three months. I've been patient due to your 'special circumstances' but this is as far as I'll go. Please understand", he said sternly.

Levi wanted nothing more than smash his phone on the floor and vent his anger but breaking his phone would only cause other problems he couldn't afford to have right now. "What the hell am I supposed to do know?" he asked himself furiously rubbing his face.

"So, you are even talking to yourself now" Lorenzo said, in Levi's perception, f*cking annoying voice only trying to further provoke him. Levi had been living with Lorenzo for almost a week now and honestly this had probably been the most relaxing week of his life. Until his landlord called, he was free of any worries. Lorenzo was too busy to get on his nerves and instead ordered his butler Benito to take care of Levi's every wish. But as expected reality had caught up with Levi who soon will be able to work and visit lectures again.

"I'm really not in the mood to talk with you...go away", as always Levi didn't even bother pretending to be nice and hide his frustration.

"I'm not going away until you tell me what's wrong." Lorenzo said seriously.

"Why can't you stop being so goddamn persistent every time? I need to be alone right now. Why is it that hard to understand?" Levi had all kinds of thoughts running through his head like 'What if I need to drop out of university?' and 'How am I going to continue living like that?' but still wanted to handle all of it alone. Asking for Lorenzo's help would have been like a slap in the face. He absolutely hated being dependant on others even if that might make him appear ignorant.

"You seem to be misunderstanding something here. I'm not asking you to tell me, I'm ordering you to. Don't forget who you are talking to"

Most would have started quivering in fear at this point but not Levi. "What? You are threatening me, now? Don't give me that shit. I didn't ask you to take care of me. You decided that all by yourself. You know, being with you is really confusing. One moment I'm thinking 'He might actually like me' but in the next you start acting all mean to me again. You can't just come into someone's life, make them feel special and then act like you don't give a flying f*ck about them", Levi stopped his ranting before he could say anything more embarrassing. Although Levi had been in a really bad mood, Lorenzo's sudden change of attitude really got to him and he couldn't explain why. No, this time he finally understood the reason why Lorenzo affected him so much but admitting to it was a whole other matter.

"I'm leaving", Levi suddenly said as he felt his head on the verge of exploding.

"I'm sorry. I'm just not used to people defying me like you always do and it annoyed me that you couldn't tell me what is bothering you. I won't talk to you like that again. So please stay"

Levi was surprised to hear vulnerability in Lorenzo's voice. It didn't suit him. After taking a deep breath Levi sat back down on his bed.

"I just lost my apartment and realised that I can't afford going to university either. I thought I'd be able to manage everything on my own but looks like I'm indeed what everyone makes me out to be. A useless blind boy that is nothing but a failure to his family", Levi explained having calmed down a bit.

"You are not. At least not to me. Most people, blind or not, would have stopped trying in your place. But you did not. As far as I'm concerned someone that keeps on going after every rejection can't be considered a failure. So don't start pitying yourself know", who would have thought that Lorenzo would be capable of saying such warm words. The man himself was surprised at his sudden change of personality and quickly tried to change the topic. "Just stay with me until you have enough money for a new apartment".