Chapter 18.2

Enzo stood at the ground-floor of the mansion, leaning against a huge counter and observing how the deep crimson sun slowly rose above the endless skyscrapers that dominated his view through the panorama windows. Levi was awake but Lorenzo hadn't been able to motivate him to get up yet.

Therefore, he already went to the kitchen as he simply wasn't able to bear any more seconds of doing utterly nothing. That neither matched his upbringing nor his character.

Whilst he drunk his black coffee and stared through the window, deeply lost in his own thoughts, he was planning on how to structure his day.

He would have to have a few important conversations and was eager to improve his training routine. Since he was neither on good terms with his brother nor his cousin, completing his tasks his tasks for the famiglia would be difficult.

Furthermore, he'd much rather spend time with Levi today.

He rubbed his temples in an exhausted gesture.

The last few days had definitely taken a toll on him. He was not silly or ignorant and knew that every living being including himself shared one similarity: limits. And he was about to reach his own.

Currently, he did not know whether he was coming or going between moments of absolute bliss that he shared with Levi or the stress that seemed to be present in his thoughts at all times.

A silent sigh escaped his lips and he decided to focus on his training first.

Thereby he finished his cup of coffee and walked to the familie's private gym.

After he changed and was about to adjust the treadmill, a person whose sheer presence made Enzo extremely ill-tempered entered the room.

Matteo Este was wearing a dark grey shirt and black Bermudas that hugged his broad frame more or less flattering.

Lorenzo stared at him for a brief second and decided that he wouldn't let his cousin ruin his mood.

Eventually, he just started moving on the treadmill, gaze stubbornly attached to the display of the equipment. Matteo definitely was no keyword on his priority list and especially no matter he was eager to deal with at 8 am.

Therefore, he was not in the slightest delighted when Matteos dark, hoarse voice suddenly erupted directly next to him.

"I had expected to meet you here", his cousin began. Enzo could not decide whether his tone was mocking or just kind.

"Aha", he simply responded and sped up the treadmill ostentatiously.

Smalltalk in general was something he was not fond of, especially not with an insincere, homophobic bastard like Matteo Este.

"Or, to put it correctly, I had hoped so. I would like to speak to you, cugino".

"Interesting." Enzo's voice wasn't hiding his reluctance in the slightest. "I don't have anything to say to you".

"Don't act like a cagna, cousin. I am honest. I made mistakes; I realize them now. Please, let us talk about this".

Lorenzo stopped the treadmill and stared into Matteo's dark eyes.

"Better be quiet now or I am going to lose it. And now excuse me, I have far more important things to do than listen to your inexpressible annoying voice."

Saying so, he pushed his cousin aside who was about to yell something after him that was muffled by the steel door of the gym.

Lorenzo made his way directly to the bedroom.