Back to the Daily Schedule

That night the two of you slept in the same bed once again, allowing yourselves to cuddle with the other a little more comfortably now.

The following morning you mentally prepared yourself to have to go back home to your garden, knowing you had to keep your business running if you wanted to have a home to live in. And yet still, you wanted to stay here with Douma, not having a care in the world whether your home was here or there.

You couldn't help but have a sense of pride with Sato not being there when lunchtime came around, knowing you'd not only gotten rid of someone who wasn't exactly the nicest to anyone, but that you'd seemingly done a much better job at "winning" Douma over.

Today, you didn't sit next to him though, you were sat right in his lap, a much comfier spot than before. He even insisted on feeding you himself a couple times, taking your utensil from you while you weren't looking and feeding you bites of your food.

As the moon raised into the sky and the sky fell dark, you knew what was to come.
Douma seemed rather upset about your departure, wiping away stray tears and sniffling dramatically.

"Oh Y/N, must you leave me so soon? I promise I'll always come to visit you at night but that simply isn't enough anymore, wouldn't you agreeeee?" He said, pulling you into a tight hug.

"Maybe when I have enough money to stay away for longer, but for now..." You placed a gentle kiss on his cheek, letting out a little sigh.

"I will escort you home, seeing as it is quite dark out, I don't want anything happening to my sweet flower."
And with that, the two of you were walking out from the building, his hand holding yours gently.
You liked walking with him through the peaceful night, it was nearly silent, save for both of your footsteps.

... And then, another pair of footsteps joined in. Before you could even think to turn around, Douma had stopped in his tracks and had turned around. He spoke softly yet sternly.

"... Sato, what are you doing here?" You froze, slowly turning your head to see if he was talking to the actual Sato.
And he was.

She stood about 7 feet for the two of you, dark circles around her eyes and her clothes tattered and dirty. Her hair seemed matted as well, and she was holding a knife in her right hand.
She looked absolutely fucking deranged, as she pointed the blade in your direction.

"You... If I cant have him, you can't have him either!"
And with that, she sprinted toward you, letting out a yell as she lunged toward you. You ducked down and covered yourself with your arms, waiting for the pain to come as you squinted your eyes shut.

... But, it never came. You slowly opened your eyes and unfurled from your protective position, only to see the knife on the ground infront of you. You looked up and saw that Douma had grabbed her by her neck, holding her up in the air infront of him.

"Sato, do me a favor and go back inside. I will discuss your... re-entry into my cult when I come back, understood?" She nodded as best as she could while still beind strangled, and he threw her to the ground hard. She gasped and sputtered as he turned around back to you, continuing your way back home.

You were a little shocked. He was just going to let her back in? Just like that? After she tried to attack- no, kill you? You didn't say anything to him about it, feeling his silent anger even if he wasn't showing it.

You pointed out different wildflowers as the two of you went along, and he smiled, occasionally holding you closer as you got closer to your home and garden.

When you finally got there, he let out a little sigh and pulled you in for a hug, lifting you off the ground as he did so.

"Y/N, Are you suuuure you have to go home? If you come back with me, I can take care of you! You wouldn't even have to worry about keeping your business running, I could give you anything you want!" He pleaded and bargained, but you couldn't just run off like that.

"Douma..." ... Or could you? No, you'd need more time to think about this, you couldn't just decide something so life changing on a whim.
"... I'll let myself take three days off every other week, just to go stay with you for a little while, how does that sound?"

He spun you around so fast you thought you'd fall right out of his arms, and he let out a laugh of joy.
"That sounds wonderful! And I'll still visit you here every night when you haven't come to my home!" He placed a quick kiss on your lips, and you happily returned it, hugging him back just as tightly as he was hugging you.

When he set you down, and the two of you exchanged your last farewells, you went into your house and closed the door behind you.

You readied yourself for bed, but as you got under the covers, you hated how cold and lonely your bed felt.
You began reconsidering his offer a little more seriously now as you drifted off into a lonely sleep.