So... Demons?

A/N: sorry this took a while, but here you go you animals <3

You woke up the next morning to an empty bed, the spot next to you cold and lonely.

In Douma's place, was a little handwritten note.

"Will be back soon, have to sort things out with a couple of... 'friends' for lack of a better word. Not sure how long it will take, but the people of the cult know their schedules and routines so you don't have to worry about them. I'm sending one of my very best friends to stay with you while I'm away so you have some form of protection, too

                          Love you always,
                                               - Douma"

You became anxious, your heart sank to your stomach and you wondered if he was in trouble. And if this friend of his was so great, how come you'd never heard Douma talk about him? Your mind wandered endlessly as the day passed you by and turned to night.

Douma was right, even without him there to give them their daily prayers and blessings they seemed to work at their own pace.

You decided to reside in his- well, both yours and his bedroom for most of the day, peeking out every now and then to check if everything was well within the cult.

You waited and waited, watching day turn to dusk, and dusk turn to night, and you began to wonder if this friend of his would ever turn up, or if he even existed. You layed around in bed all day waiting, taking a few naps between waiting periods.

You were just waking up from another incredibly short nap when you were startled by another person being in the same room as you. He stood on the left side of the bed, arms crossed as he stared down at you.
He looked... different to say the least.

He was pale, covered in blue stripes all around his body, and his hair was a soft, light pink.
His blue sclera and yellow irises pierced into you as he looked down at you, not saying a word. Was this Douma's friend he'd sent to watch over you?

You paused awkwardly before saying anything to him, feeling too intimidated to let any words out from your mouth.

"Are you Douma's friend? Did he send you here to watch over me?"

He scoffed at the word 'friend', rolling his eyes as well.
"I'd hardly call him a friend, but yes, he did ask me to come here to keep you protected." He said, breaking his stare after speaking.

Before you could ask, he answered the question you were thinking of.

"My name is Akaza, but before you introduce yourself, you should know that I already know quite a bit about you, Y/N." He said, and you couldnt really tell if he meant that to be warm or to be dark.

You thought for a moment before speaking again.
"... So, he talks about me a little bit, im guessing?"

"A little would be an understatement, he almost never shuts up about you when he's around the rest of us. It's like he's forgotten how to talk about anything else but you." He says, almost sounding a little annoyed.

You looked at his eyes, and noticed that his pupils read Upper Rank 3. Didn't Douma's read Upper Rank 2? What were they ranking in? You figured you ought to ask.

"I hope this isn't weird to ask but... your pupils, what do they mean? What are you ranked in? And why is Douma a rank above you?"

He opened his mouth to answer, but paused, looking like he was about to say something he wasn't supposed to.

"... He hasn't told you about that, has he..." He said in a hushed tone, looking as if he was carefully calculating his next words.

"Hasn't told me what, exactly?" You said, crossing your arms. You didn't exactly like things being kept secret from you, especially if its your own boyfriend thats doing it.

Akaza contemplated his next words, and finally responded after a long minute of silence.

"... Im not sure if he's planning on telling you, so do not say a word about what im about to tell you, understood?"

You nodded, and leaned in to hear him.

He sighed, and continued.

The next words he said to you were unbelievable.

... Demons?

"Correct. We're meant to eat humans for sustenance, we regenerate when we're wounded or lose limbs, we can't go out in the sunlight..." He went on, explaining just what it meant to be a demon.

So thats why Douma never came to visit during the day.

"Does he... plan on eating me?" you asked a little helplessly.

"I would be really surprised if he ever did, with the way he talks about you around everyone else. He calls you his 'pretty little flower', among a whole plethora of other pet names."

You blushed, and couldn't help but think about him and where he was right now.

"Do you know where Douma is right now, Akaza? Or why he went there in the first place?"

He sucked in through his teeth, and seemed to be contemplating again. You 'hmph'ed and looked at him.

"It can't be much worse than hiding the fact that he's a demon."

"It has part to do with being a demon, but moreso, he's wanting to find out what a demon is capable of, especially after doing... lewd things with a human."

... Oh, that. You never thought about it until just now.

The only thing going through your mind right now is wondering when he'll be coming home to you, and potentially a family.

Your mind is racing as Akaza attempts to comfort you somehow, seeing you grow more and more stressed by the second.

Uh oh.

A/N: and this is why, even if youre dating a demon, you use protection, fools!