Time Flies By

It had now been about a year since you essentially ran away from home with your unofficial boyfriend, and you couldn't say you'd regretted your decision very much.

Douma allowed you to keep a small garden around the back, where you only had about four of your seed variety growing successfully. A patch of the red Evening Primroses, some Sunflowers, a little section of Chrysanthemums, and of course, your favorite Forget-Me-Not's.

While he wouldn't join you in your little garden during the day, he would always come out with you to see it under the light of the moon.
You never bothered to question how the soil was so good for growing, and why the grass surrounding it really was always greener.

The people of the cult regarded you as Douma's supposed wife, and the notion always made the two of you blush and chuckle nervously.
Maybe they were right, it had been nearly a year since your odd relationship had begun, what were they to make of it without anything being officiated?

You thought about popping the question for a while, maybe not marriage right away, but to ask if he wanted to be an item with you. The thought made your heart flutter and your face warm, and of course, he noticed.

You were in his room while he did prayers and blessings for his followers, not wanting to interrupt anything and waiting until he took a break or checked up on you.

About half an hour later he peaked his head in to see you, waving at you.
"Ohhh Y/N! How's my sweet flower doing todayyy?"

"Good, good..." You said, pausing as you got up from his bed and hurried over to him, tugging the rest of him into the room with you as he looked down at you mildly confused.
"There's... something i'd like to ask, Douma." You started, and a little pang of anxiety filled your chest.
What if he rejected you? You couldn't imagine he'd do it, especially after all the time you two had spent together.

"And what is that, my dear?" He said, gently pulling you closer into a hug.

You fumbled with your words.
"Do you want to... I-I mean, are we...?"
You saw him tilt his head to the side, confused. You took a deep breath before continuing.
"Do you... want to be my boyfriend?"

He stares blankly for a moment, before responding.
"Oh? I thought I was already, was your escape here not your confession?"

You were a little stunned, face red and brain flustered beyond repair.
"I- I mean, I didn't- I didn't know if that was- we never said it officially to onr another so i didn't-"
He shushed you softly as you continued fumbling and dropping your sentence.

"My answer is yes, Y/N. It has been since the night I layed eyes on you."
He held you by your waist and dipped you downward, pressing a kiss to your lips. You reciprocated without any hesitation, and pressed yourself to his chest when he pulled away and pulled you back upright.

You let out a little noise of disappointment when he let go of you, telling you he needed to get back to his followers as you clung to him by his arm and looking up at him with a pouty frown.

"Oh, don't give me that look my love, I promise I'll be back when nightfall comes." He said, giving you a little kiss on your forehead as you sighed and released him.

You went back to his bed, head and heart full of love as you drifted off into a nap.

You woke up later that night, knowing you wouldn't be able to go back to sleep when you would need to. He was back in the room, presumably done with his work for the day, and had a little tray of food next to him.
"Oh! Good evening, sleepyhead! You slept through dinner, so I saved you some food in case you woke up hungry."

He came and set the tray next to you on the bed, and you smiled.

"Thank you, love" You said gratefully. Just as he'd predicted, you were indeed a little hungry after waking up, so you ate without any hesitation.

You really couldn't imagine a better life than the one you'd so easily slipped in to now. Compared to your old life in the village, constantly worried about how you'd be able to budget your earnings for basic survival needs and toiling away in your garden, this place was basically heaven on Earth! You had food, water, a safe place to live, no financial worries, and most of all, a loving boyfriend who took care of you.

How on Earth did it ever take you this long to decide on staying?

You finished your food before you even realized that you were getting close to finishing it, and Douma took the tray and all the crumbs left behind, patting your head gently.
"I'll go put this away, you stay here and wait for me."

And that you did, getting up and changing into your pajamas before crawling back under the covers, and when he returned he did the same, changing into a yukata before getting into bed with you, snaking his hands around your waist and pulling you in closer

"Lucky for you, I've already done my tasks that I would normally do much later in the night. So, you have me all to yourself tonight, Y/N!"
He said, planting a little kiss on your neck and hugging you tighter.

You thought for a moment, turning onto your other side to face him and giving him a kiss in return.
"All to myself, hmm?"
Your mind wandered to much more... lewd thoughts, and you assumed his did as well with the way he was looking into your eyes and how his hands had traveled from your waist to your hips.

Tonight would be a sleepless night for sure.