Ivy, Tangled Up

When you awoke, you were wrapped in Doumas arms with him laying beside you in bed. You were more tired than you usually were, so rather than jumping up in excitement, you opted to roll over to face him, giving him a long kiss on the lips and smiling sleepily as you pulled away.

"You're back!" You said cheerfully, placing a hand on his cheek. He gently places his hand over yours.

"I am, my sweet flower. Did my friend treat you well? Was everything okay while I was away?" He said, pulling yout hand off and giving it a kiss in your palm.

"He did! And yes, everything was fine, my love." You assured him, and began recalling everything that had happened the night before.

Does he have any idea that you know about him being a demon? If you told him, would he be upset with his 'friend', or would he be upset with you?

Would he eat you?

"So!" He began, and you realized you'd been been making your 'lost-in-upset-thought' face and quickly snapped out of it. "How are you feeling? Anything... new?" You thought for a moment and couldn't think of anything other than the increased tiredness.

"Hmm, no, not really, why do you ask, love?" You asked, and for a moment it seemed like he was incredibly relieved.

"Oh nothing! Just wanted to make sure you've been feeling alright while I was away is all..." He looked over your body, aa if he were checking to see if anything looked off or out of place.

You scooted closer to him and rest your head on his chest, feeling yourself slip into tiredness once again. But, the thought of him getting angry or eating you slipped back in just as quickly, and you were back to sitting in deep, upsetting thought.

You were snapped out of your deep thought when Douma gave you a concerned look
"Is everything alright, love? You seem like youre upset."

Your blood ran cold.

Your thoughts zeroed in on themselves and concentrated into one single question,

should you tell him?

He raised a brow, and tilted his head at you. You avoided making eye contact as you drew in an uneasy breath.

"Douma... is there... something you've been hiding from me?"

You saw the slightest change in his expression, and you suddenly knew that he knew.

"... What do you mean, flower? What would I have to hide from you?" He said, in a voice just a little too calm.

You took a deep breath, before responding to him.

"Are you... not human?"

Although it wasn't actually there, you could feel the metaphorical sweat run down his forehead.

In the silence of waiting for his answer, you thought about your situation.
If he did decide to eat you... that would be it. You wouldn't have to keep up with the struggle of staying alive, you didn't have any family waiting on you anywhere, as sad as it was,

you didn't really have anything else going on in your life right now, other than Douma.

And if he didn't eat you, then great! You get to keep living life in what felt like luxury, again with no shop to tend to, having a roof over your head, food to eat, and clothes on your body, not to mention a wonderful boyfriend who had no intentions on eating you.

... And just like that, you weren't so worried anymore. An unsettling calm washed over you within seconds...

...And yet, Douma still hadn't replied.

His expression was blank now. You couldnt tell what he was thinking or feeling anymore, and it scared you to your core. You tried to keep eye contact broken and avoided, but he suddenly had your chin in his hand, pulling your face to meet his,ll and he stared directly into your gaze now.

"... Why?"

You shut your eyes tight, and yet you could still feel him, like his unblinking stare was piercing directly through your eyelids and into your mind.

It was time to tattle on Akaza for spilling the beans, you couldn't stand him not knowing that you knew.

"Because!" You suddenly shouted, with energy you didnt know you had in you.

"Your friend who came to watch over me thought I knew but I didn't! And then I asked what he was talking about and he told me that you're a demon! That that's why you never came around during the day, why you always snuck off in the middle of the night, why-"

You were starting to cry, but were so caught up in yelling at him that you only took a moment to breathe, before resuming.

"Just- Why on earth wouldn't you tell me something like that?!" You sat up, picking up a pillow from the bed and smacking him with it. He pretended to flinch, and lay under the pillow he'd been attacked with for a moment, waiting for you to calm down.

"... Are you done, Y/N-chan?" He said quite gently, lifting the pillow off from his face and looking at you. You hadn't heard him call you by your name for so long, so you knew you'd struck a nerve and were either about to be broken up with, or eaten.

You hicced and sniffled, wiping your tears messily as you still cried. You hadn't cried like this since...

You then felt a hand cup the side of your face, tilting your face up to meet his once again, only more gentle than the last time it'd been done.

You sniffled again, and nodded.
Your emotional tantrum was indeed, over. His expression had softened into one of tiredness as he looked you over.

"I've wanted to tell you about it for a while now, ever since the night I first laid eyes on you. I only avoided it for so long because... I didn't want you to run off and leave me for it."

His tone was soft, and what he said was... relieving, if only a little bit.

"Were you... planning on eating me if I found out too soon?" You asked quietly,
preparing yourself mentally for him to say yes.

"... No. I don't think I could bring myself to do that to you. I never planned on eating you, ever."

Well, that was even more relieving than the last thing he said. You let out a tired sigh and fell in to him, he held you close, snaking his arms around your waist and laying back onto the bed, pulling you with him.

You laid like that with him for a while, him holding you while you lay flat on top of him, chest to chest. He tilted his head up to look at you.

"So... does this mean youre going to leave now? Doesn't the idea of being with a demon disgust you at all?"

You shook your head, too tired for words. He understood.

"... That's... That's good." He said, patting the top of your head gently as you both napped together, not realizing how much energy that little explosion of yours took out of you.

_________________________________________

A/N:
Well well well, its been a hot minute since the last update hasn't it ._."
I have life things going on and I've lost a lot of my drive to keep writing this story, but I want to atleast give it a satisfying ending (do not fret, this is not the ending!)
That being said, updates may be much farther apart than how they used to be, and I hope that doesnt drive most of you away!

Thank you for still reading!
- DecaramelizedOnion