A Vanda Orchid Bouquet (Finale)

Truth be told, Douma wasn't lying when he said he would have the wedding arranged to be the next day.

You woke up at midnight, youd gotten used to waking up at night and sleeping in during the day to maximize your time with him, but this time you woke up to the sound of every cult goer hustling and bustling and getting everythint prepped, with Douma leading them all to where they needed to be.

You got yourself ready to be seen by all the people, brushing your hair and getting dressed in some new clothes, and as soon as you stepped out from the room, a small crowd of people came to to you, hurrying to get you ready for your big day. You tried a couple times to do things yourself, but they insisted that you let them take the lead and to sit back and let them do all the work for you. You didn't fight back, after all who would be complaining about being helped out?

By the time they were done, you were looking at yourself in a mirror. You couldnt help but get a little teary-eyed at the sight of yourself all dressed up in your Shiromuku, and your makeup and hair done to perfection.

All that was left now was, well, to be married.

The ceremony was beautiful, and it all passed you by so quickly, a wonderful blur of romantic bliss. You saw Douma tear up for the first time, the ensemble of guests, who were all just cult goers, all weeping little happy tears as the two of you were happily united.

The reception began, and everything was perfect. Perfect food, perfect decor, perfect mood
A perfect day.

Akaza made a visit, about a minute or two longer than his usual routine check-up visits where he makes sure you're there by your own will and not being held hostage. Douma had apparently talked his ear off for hours after you fell asleep that night, about getting married the day after.

He was a little stunned, he didn't expect for the two of you to have actually gone through with it, but nonetheless congratulated the two of you.
Well, it was more like, he had congratulated you, and then very sternly told Douma to take good care of you, since you were only human after all.

You thought about that for a moment, becoming a demon by Douma's hand, as a final act of uniting the two of you forever, but you decided that you would wait until he asked you. You weren't sure if you were quite ready to lose your humanity entirely and start eating humans as viciously as he did.

After that, you and Douma were inseparable for the rest of the night, as he held you close to him everywhere you went, arms linked or with you holding onto his arm, or simply holding hands. Every moment he found the chance to, he'd lean down and give you a kiss.

So, this is what being in love is like? you think to yourself. You wonder how, or why it took you so long to find such genuine love. You blamed it mostly on having kept your family's old flower shop running since the day you turned 16. Your parents had told you it was to keep you busy and our of trouble, but you knew what they were really doing to you, after going missing only 2 days after you had been given full ownership. Lazy, lazy people!

But you didnt have to worry about the flower shop anymore, it was a thing of the past. Maybe one of these past days over the last few years, your parents had come back and taken over again after seeing you had fled, but you couldnt be bothered to check or even look for them anymore. They had dumped their responsibilities on you, their only child, and kept you locked away in work so that you wouldn't ever get to have a normal life! So, why would you ever go find them?

You wouldn't. You had such a better life here with Douma, even if he is a demon, and a cult leader. Who cares? He treats you right, has since spared you from being killed and eaten, and provides you with everything you used to have to fight tooth and nail for back in the village.

You wouldn't have been, no, couldn't have been happier anywhere else in the world, and definitely not with anyone else other than him. You loved him, and he loved you.

As the night began to wrap up, you grew tired and fatigued, and would often lean against Douma for a little bit of support to carry your tired body. After the 5th or 6th time you leaned against him, he took the hint, and picked you up into his arms, excusing the two of you as he carried you off to the bedroom.

After he set you down, you went and changed out of your formal clothes and into some comfy pajamas, taking your makeup off and letting your hair down, and finally climbing into bed. He did the same, gettint into bed soon after you, pulling you close.

The two of you locked eyes for a minute, giving each other a kiss on the lips.

After a few minutes of peaceful silence, Douma spoke.

"I love you, Y/N, Im so happy to be yours."

You smiled, caressing his face with your hand.

"I love you too, Douma."

He held you against him for the rest lf the night, and you eventually began to doze off and fall asleep.

You dreamt of the day that the two of you met, in almost impossibly vivid detail, taking everything in as if the world you now knew faded away behind you, like walking through a door to re experience everything all over again.

You look at the sky, noting how the sun is beginning to set as the light blue slowly gradates to a warm orange, and sighed as you knew it would be too dark to stay out soon, save for the stars that would twinkle to life later on.

You were carrying in a large basket of flowers you'd harvested from your garden, Forget-Me-Not's in every color they grew in, pinks, blues, and some purple as well. Everything was going smoothly and in line with your normal gardening schedule. You had a feeling someone important was going to come visit you later that night.

Another peaceful end to another perfect day.

Thank you so much for reading!