≪•◦ Chapter 4 ◦•≫

You squinted your eyes open as you shuffled around to see where you are. You immediately sat up out of instinct when you realized you were on your bed with a warm towel on your forehead.

"Don't move too much." Xiao said with his usual reserved tone as he slightly pushed your body back on the bed to rest.

"You fainted awhile ago and it seems like you got a fever." He explained.

"Oh.."

"..."

"..."

"You haven't eaten much the whole day so eat up." Xiao said as he held out the dish of Almond tofu in his hands while looking down.

You just stared at the plate and gave him a deadpan look.

"Is almond tofu all you ever eat?" You asked with a chuckle.

"I-It's the only thing I know how to make." He said while looking down on the dish defending himself.

"Thanks for cooking for me." You gave him a small smile as you were about to take the dish from his hands to eat it until he swiftly moved it away out of your reach.

"I-" you stared in confusion not knowing if he was playing with you or decided he wanted to eat his favorite dish in his hands.🗿

"No..just rest. I'll feed you.." the male said as his golden orbs were glued to anywhere except your gaze as a small blush was creeping onto his face.

'Oh god why is he acting so cute' you mentally screamed in your head as you wished you had a camera to save the expression that currently danced on his usual stoic face.

You then ever so slightly opened your mouth, as you waited for him to feed you like he stated.

Xiao then nervously brought the spoon closer to your mouth as his hands were shaking a bit.

And well..I guess from all the shaking the spoon accidentally hit your teeth instead🗿

"I'm sorry! It was on a-accident. Are you ok?" Xiao then panickly held his hands on your face to examine if it hurt or not.

All you could do was stare at him as he stared in return as both of you started to blush. You both immediately looked away while trying to contain the goofy smiles on your face.

As you two regained your composure, Xiao then once again brought the spoon of almond tofu closer to you in a second attempt as he was ordering himself in his head not to mess this up.

You slightly opened your mouth and took a bite of the almond tofu as both of you sighed in relief that you wouldn't lose a tooth today.

As you ate the almond tofu your eyes immediately shot up at the male in shock.

"Xiao this is really good!" You looked at him surprised.

"Well of course it is. I made it you know." He said with a small smirk as he was genuinely happy inside that you enjoyed his cooking.

"Oooh so you can cook! Husband material." you gave him a smirk as he blushed at your wordings.

"H-husband!?" Xiao said bashfully while trying to calm the blush that was ever so obviously spreading across his face.

You stared at him for a bit and chuckled at his antics. "Yes, you'd make a great husband someday!" You exclaimed with a smirk as his expression kept getting embarrased.

You then continued eating as both of you were sharing stories you had and talking about all kinds of stuff.

"Ahh im full" you exclaimed happily.

"Who wouldn't be. You finished not only one plate but all the almond tofu I made." He mumbled impressed at the girl but also expecting to be able to get atleast one bite of almond tofu.

"Hey! I'll make it up to you tomorrow." You said proudly confident in your skills.

He had a little smile as he much rather enjoyed your cooking rather than his anyways.

You then looked out to the window beside the bed where you laid on and noticed that there was a full moon tonight.

"Hey Xiao! Look look! There's a full moon." You exclaimed as you tugged on his shirt inviting him to come see the moon and stars with you.

He sat beside you on the bed as he took a glimpse of the sky then back to you who was staring at the stars and moon so lovingly and in clear awe.

He smiled to himself as he looked at you smiling. He never knew how genuine and pure a human could smile at something they loved.

And he knew that you didn't even realise how beautiful your smile was. How comforting and giddy it made him feel. And he wanted to protect that smile at all costs.

You then quickly turned back to him making him flinch in surprise.

"Hey, you think that maybe a hot warewolf will come and fall in love with me tonight!?" You asked with a bit of a sparkle in your eye due to the light of the moon.

His expression suddenly turned into one of a stoic one.

"You've been reading too many fanfics again." He deadpanned as he pinched your cheeks lightly.

You giggled at him and rest your head on his shoulder while continuing to gaze at the sky.

He flinched a bit not knowing what to do before slowly relaxing when he realized you fell asleep.

He laid you down on the bed properly while covering your body with a blanket.

He stared at your sleeping figure for a bit before smiling and turning to take his leave.

"Goodnight y/n."