≪•◦ Chapter 14 ◦•≫

!Angst warning!

Reader's POV

"Y/n.."

And there you were. Your fragile and delicate body laying there in the middle of the realm surrounded by demons lifeless.

Without a second thought, Xiao ended all the demons that were coming to attack him with a single slash.

Xiao rushed over to you as fast as he could and looked for a pulse. Or anything. Anything that gave him a sign that there was still hope.

But nothing.

[A/N: Cue the bg music Guizhong's Lullaby. Enjoy <3]

"No..no..no.." Xiao stared at your lifeless figure trying to process the sight that was facing him right now.

He felt his heary clench and shatter into pieces as a lump was starting to form around his throat and tears threatening to fall from the eyes that stared at you with fear and desperation.

"Y/n please don't do this to me...please wake up. Y/n.. Y/n!" Xiao screamed as he held your body in his arms as tears were starting to fall from his eyes.

The feeling of tears streaming through his face was a distant feeling that the male hadn't felt in quite awhile of his 2000 years of living.

And yet with the sight of thr fragile body of the woman he loved laying there lifeless in his arms, he didn't care about anything else.

'Why now..I finally found someone to love..someone I can rely on..why..?' Xiao pondered over thw thought repeatedly through his head.

"Y/n please..I'm not ready to lose you yet.." Xiao pleaded while he gently held your head against his chest.

All the memories of you two over all the months you've spend together came flushing through his mind.

All the days you've spent together.

All the memories you've created.

The adventures you went on.

The tears you shed.

The laughter you shared.

The smile you gave.

If only he had been 5 minutes earlier. If only he wasn't so blinded by the rage of revenge enough to realize that there was still someone who loved and cared about him waiting for him, then maybe he would still be seeing your beautiful smile right now.

The smile that gave him comfort. The smile he loved seeing each day. The smile that showed and made him remember that he was loved. The smile he vowed to protect.

Tears started to flow out uncontrollably as he held your lifeless body tighter and tighter knowing full well that you were already slipping away from his life.

All the smiles and tears you showed. The care and love you gave. He was never gonna see it again.

He looked and carresed your face that was once full with hopes and dreams now lifeless and dusted with blood.

"I'm so sorry..."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Flashback ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Y/n's POV

I sat there in my restaurant with unease knowing full well that the man I cared so deeply about was currently putting his life on the line fighting the demons.

Whether he's doing it for revenge or to protect the people in the harbor, it was no doubt that he was fuming with rage. Rage towards the adeptus named Bosacius who was the reason of the downfall of the other three adeptis three years ago.

You stared out the window as you saw the gray cloudes slowly taking over the sunny sky.

"Ah there you are~" A low voice suddenly then whispered as it took me off guard.

I shifted my gaze swiftly to where the voice was coming from as I was met by a man with a sly smirk dancing across his lips.

Narrator's POV

"Who are you?" You asked cautiously as you slowly reached for the knife on the kitchen counter behind you.

The man smirked even more as he disappeared from your sight only for you to realize that he was already behind you with the knife you were aiming to take in his hands.

You moved away as quick as you can from the man cautiously.

"Don't worry. I'm an old friend of your sweetheart over there~" the man stared as he nudged his head over to the direction of Liyue Harbor.

And as you heard that line, you were aware on who this man in front of you was.

"Are you...Bosacius..?" You asked with hesitation in your voice.

"My my~ what a smart one we have here." He mocked as his fingers suddenly carressed your skin.

You immediately slapped his hand away and glared straight into his eyes.

"And a feisty one for a human." He stated surprised with a little chuckle.

"Ahh too bad." He said with a sigh.

"Sorry young lady but you're gonna die now ^-^" he said as he snapped his fingers.

You then felt your body getting sucked into this other dimension. You opened your eyes only to be met in a completely different place.

It was almost completely empty. Except for the demons that were currently glaring at you.✨

"Let's see how long you're gonna last there shall we? Ah and don't bother calling for help. He'd probably be dead before he realizes you're in trouble." You heard a voice echo throughout the realm as you shaked in fear and gritted your teeth.

"You bastard!"

And just like that, it was only you, and the numerous of demons surrounding you.

"Fuck.." you cursed as you didn't know what to do.

If you ever need help again..just speak my name

"XIAO!" You screamed as loud as you can as you tried your best to hold out against the demons until one of them kicked you at the stomach making you fall and rollover across the floor the floor.

"Xiao...!" You said helplessly as you looked around at the demons ready to attack you.

"Xiao..I'm sorry..but I'm not gonna make it.." you said with a sad smile.

"I'm so sorry Xiao..but I don't wanna leave you.." you sobbed as the demons came to attack you while tears were flowing from your eyes.

Deep inside you knew that you couldn't spend forever with the man you loved. But yet you didn't want to leave him.

You still want to make him almond tofu and watch as his face smiles with delight.

You still wanted to feel the comfort of his arms around you as you layed on his chest as if he was protecting you from this world filled with evil.

You still wanted to tease him, go on dates, show him how much he meant the world to you, smile knowing that he'd always be there for you.

You still wanted to love him.

"I wish we had more time..."