≪•◦ Chapter 15 ◦•≫ Finale

Xiao's POV

I stood there in front of the grave with a picture frame of a young girl with the brightest smile I've ever seen.

It was currently her funeral. And we were surrounded by dozens of people of both mortals and immortals alike.

There were even some from Mondstadt that came as well as her friends from Snezhnaya.

We were surrounded by the tears brought by the girl who cared for everyone so dearly that has now sadly passed away.

It's crazy how one human being can have such an impact on this many people around her.

As someone who lived for less than a quarter of the amount of years I lived, it seems like she saved more people with the care and smiles she gave then I ever could.

I stood there looking on the ground trying my best to hold back the tears knowing full well that I still could've saved her.

That I could still see that smile if only I wasn't so wrapped up in my own emotions.

Everyone slowly started leaving as I remained in the very same position while staring at her grave with sorrow.

Childe gave me a small pat on the back not even sparing a moment to look at me as he walked away from the grave of the friend he grew up with.

Aether and paimon stood there still not believing that she was gone. That the smile of one of the most amazing persons they met would never be seen again.

I felt a hand pat my head as I noticed it was Zhongli.

"Xiao...what happened wasn't your fault. I'm sure you thought about this before. I'm sure you were aware that by you, an immortal, loving a human, there's no doubt that she would leave sooner or later.." Zhongli's words were harsh but it was the truth.

"I knew she was gonna leave me but...why did it..why did it have to be so soon.." I muttered as tears were finally falling from my eyes.

"I finally found someone to love. Someome I could share happiness with. Someone I could cry with. Why is this world taking everything from me..?" I cried as I felt my knees fall to the ground.

"That's the thing..this world will never be fair." Zhongli sighed as he looked up to the sky and soon then took his leave as I sat there alone in front of the grave of the woman I loved.

I stared at the picture of her smiling brightly in the picture frame.

"Hey hey! Look Xiao it's a full moon!"

"Ahhh you think maybe a warewolf's gonna come and fall in love with me?"

"It's about an immortal goddess, who fell in love with a human."

"A mere human who could die at any time, was the person she chose to love for the rest of her life."

I started sobbing out of control as all the emotions I've been bottling came out of me.

"I still...wanna be with you. Why does it have to be so soon.." I mumbled lowly to myself as I let the tears of all the memories we had together drip down to the ground.

"I don't wanna say goodbye. I can't..."

I screamed.

And screamed.

Hoping that maybe if I were loud enough she would hear me.

"I love you so much!"

All the sadness and sorrow, I slowly let go of everything as my mind keeps replaying all the memories we created together.

"When I die, you better not forget me ok!?"

"How could I forget someone who gave me so much memories to remember.." I mumbled under my breath as I realised it was getting late.

I looked up to the sky to see the stars dancing once again with light of the moon gracing over them.

My mind then flew over to the first time I said I loved her.

With all the lanterns in the sky that looked like stars glimmering through the night.

Now that I thought about it, she loved the stars. Maybe because it was the beauty of each light shining down upon us. Or because it felt like it gave her a sense of comfort with such light so far and yet shining so brightly.

I stared at the stars and sat there while tears were still flowing through my eyes.

It was probably one of the first nights I sat there alone under the stars without the presence of the one and only girl I loved.

The one and only girl I'll ever love.