≪•◦ Chapter 5 ◦•≫

You opened your eyes and squinted them as the powerful rays of the sun shone upon you.

You started your day and got ready to open your restaurant just like any other day.

You once again served Xiao his almond tofu and sat with him on the table.

You two talked and chatted about literally anything you two could think of.

Your little chat was brought to a stop when one of your frequently visitng customers decided to pay a visit.

"Ah Childe! You haven't visited in weeks!" You said as you stood from the table and approached your customer as Xiao just left an uneasy stare at the two of you with his face looking quite irritated.

You and Childe childhood ftiends from Snezhnaya. You were aware of his line of work but knew that he was a genuinely caring person deep inside...kinda.

"Well just busy with work you know." Childe shrugged with a sigh as his gaze spotted the petite green-haired male sitting on one of the tables.

"Oh if it isn't Zhongli's little kitty~ I believe it's the first I've seen you here." Childe said with a small smirk dancing along his features.

"Mind your own bussiness, carrot head." Xiao said sternly as he aggresively ate his almond tofu.

"Pfft- carrot head-" you stiffled your laughs as Childe gave you a menacing glare as he kept his ever so innocent smile.

"Ehem. I mean, you two know each other?" You looked between the two.

"Unfortunately." Xiao responded as he ate his almond tofu with a sigh.

"Oh come on~ No need to be so defensive~" Childe let out as he rested one of his arms on your shoulder.

Xiao glared at the gesture of physical contact towards you as Childe smirked even more.

The aura in the restaurant suddenly darkened as you mentally sweat dropped not knowing how to handle the two.

"A-ah take a seat." You ushered Childe towards a table quite far from Xiao in order to ease the tension a bit.

You held the notepad in your hand and got ready to take Childe's order.

"Aight. What can I get you?"

"Can I get you for take out tonight?" Childe said purposely loud enough for the green haired male across the tables to hear.

Xiao was glaring intensely at his almond tofu as he broke the fork in his hands into two with an obviously pissed off face.

Childe smirked at his reaction and you slapped him lightly on the head with the notepad with an annoyed expression.

"Alright alright. One Calla Lily Seafood soup please." Childe said in his usual happy tone.

"Alright. Coming right up."

"The offer for tonight's still open thou-"

"Y/n I would like one more plate of Almond tofu." Xiao said loudly and sternly while cutting Childe off.

"Ah a-alright coming up!"

You then hurriedly went to the kitchen to prepare the orders of the two as Childe smirked towards Xiao and Xiao returned a glare.

You came back with both their dishes in hand and saw that the aura between the two was kinda...unsettling🗿

You served Xiao and headed to Childe to serve him his dish aswell.

"Ah looks good as usual. Thanks cutie~" Childe complimented with a smirk.

"Yeah yeah. Enjoy your meal." You stated as you rolled your eyes at him and attended to the other customers.

All that came out of Xiao's mouth was a small "Tsk" as he ate his almond tofu with an obviously pissed expression and Childe chuckled at this.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

You then headed over to Childe as he asked for the bill.

"Mr. Kitty over there seems to be interested in you." Childe teased as he smirked at you.

"I d-doubt so.." you stuttered out with a blush creeping onto your face.

"Ohoho~ it seems like Ms. Cutie over here is interested in him aswell~" He teased even more as you pinched his cheeks and he laughed.

Xiao just stared at you too not being able to hear the conversation with unease.

He felt something punching his gut as you and Childe were acting so chummy with each other.

As much as he didn't want to accept it, he knew that what he was feeling was the doing of our good old friend ✨jealousy✨

Childe then took his leave as he gave a small smirk towards Xiao before fully exiting the restaurant.

As you finally finished attending to all the customers, you sat back down at the opposite side of the table sighing in exhaustion.

"Ugh this was a busy day" you complained while whining a bit.

Xiao didn't even spare a milisecond to look at you as a small pout was rested on his expression.

Noticing this, you tilted your head in confusion. "Xiao are you ok?" You asked concerned.

"Why wouldn't I be." Xiao mumbled with a pout.

You stared at him for a bit before finally smirking.

"Fufu~ Are you perhaps jealous?~" you asked in a sing-song tone as a smirk graced aroung your lips.

"N-no!" Xiao defended with a small blush starting to creep at his features as he scrunched his eyebrows together.

"Heh relax. You're gonna ruin your handsome face if you keep up that angered expression~" you teased as you rested your chin on your palm and used your other hand to poke Xiao's ever so handsome face with a growing blush.

"H-handsome.." Xiao stuttered as he tried his best to control his expressions.

You chuckled at his reaction as Xiao stood up.

"W-well if you may excuse me, I shall now take my leave." Xiao said with a huff with the blushing expression not leaving his features.

You walked with Xiao towards the door and whispered him a quick goodnight with a smile.

"Stay safe alright."

"Will do." You reassured with a smile as Xiao finally took his leave.

You closed the door and immediately blushed as Xiao was at the opposite side of the door with a dumb goofy smile dancing across his lips.