Chapter 27

Two and a half weeks had passed, three more days and they were coming home and Clarke couldn't wait. The girls bought all kinds of snacks and food and alcohol. The plane was supposed to land Saturday morning which meant Saturday night they were going to party. They haven't heard from them in a few days due to field exercises.

The girls spent the next two days cleaning the house and making sure everything was ready. Bellamy texted Clarke and told her hopefully traffic pending they would be there around seven. The girls started drinking as they cooked, around 7:30 the door opened and they all filed in. Clarke was reaching for Cajun spice in the cabinet when she felt him come up behind her. She grabbed her spice and stepped back into him.

"God I've missed you" he kissed her neck lightly. She turned to face him.

"I'm glad your home" she pulled him to her pressing her lips to his. He deepened the kiss trapping her against the cabinet.

"I'm glad to be home, I'm going to shower quick" he kissed her again before disappearing down the hall. She smiled hearing him drop his backpack off in her room.

They all sat down to eat when he re-emerged, glad to all be under the same roof. After dinner Raven and Wick headed to her apartment, Clarke and Octavia put dinner away and cleaned the kitchen quick before joining Lincoln and Bellamy on the couch. They sat and talked, and talked, and talked until the clock read 11:07pm.

Clarke yawned causing everyone else to yawn.

"I'm calling it a night" Bellamy stood pulling Clarke to her feet.

"Us too" Octavia added following them out of the room turning the lights off.

Clarke grabbed extra pillows and threw them on her bed before climbing in next to Bellamy.

"It's so nice to be in your arms" Clarke whispered as Bellamy pulled her closer to him. He ran his hand up her body, he wanted to love her thoroughly, he kissed her cheek lightly waiting for a reaction. He smiled hearing a slight snore escape her lips. She fell asleep on him, knowing he made her that comfortable was better than anything he could have hoped for. He just wrapped her in his arms and fell asleep holding her.

They had been back almost two weeks and had barely seen each other, the training and the prepping to deploy was endless and they were hoping the next three days went fast because then they had off for four days, then two final days of preparations and then they were gone for a long nine months.

..

Clarke had a meeting first thing this morning, much to her dismay it was with Cage who sat next to her at the desk as opposed to across from her. She made sure to leave the office door open. They went over the stuff they needed for the gym and some of the schedules on the computer. She was waiting for the screen to load when he tapped the desk next to her.

"Sorry to hear about you and Bellamy" She turned to look at him.

"Not that my personal life is any of your concern but I have no idea what your talking about"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you knew" he stated.

"I don't believe that for a second, nor would I believe anything you say"

"Would you believe a picture?" he asked. She sighed watching him click on his phone and bring up a picture of some girl with Bellamy in California.

"Look comfy, don't they?" he prodded.

He could tell he had her attention.

"The funny thing is I sent it to you a week ago and my phone says you opened it." He turned the phone bringing up the text to show her.

"I've never seen that before" she argued.

"Well someone did"

The printer started to print off what they were waiting for, it was a welcome end to the conversation. She handed him his copy, took hers and they both signed off on it.

"Thanks, see you around" he gave a wave on the way out the door. She locked her stuff up and headed home. Octavia always had Friday's off. The second she came through the door she could tell something was wrong.

"Clarke? are you okay?"

"Did you answer text's meant for me when the guys were in Twentynine palms?"

"It's not what it looks like Clarke" Octavia started to argue.

"And you deleted messages to hide it, to protect Bellamy!" Clarke broke down crying, she slammed her door, the lock echoing through the silent house.

"Clarke, please hear me out" Octavia pleaded.

She must have cried herself to sleep at some point because the loud banging on the door woke her up.

"Clarke, we need to talk" Bellamy's voice was much louder than Octavia's.

"I don't have anything to say to you" he hit the door making her jump.

"Really, because I have pictures too" he argued. She sat up making her way to the door.

"You have pictures?" she asked sliding the lock.

She pulled the door open to him leaning on the door frame. He held up his phone for her to see.

She took the phone from his hand seeing her and Sgt. Santiago at the bar when Bellamy was away.

"But this isn't what it looks like" she stated shoving the phone in his direction.

"Really? Ever stop to think that's the case with me?" he asked.

"Or wonder why cage would take the time to text the both of you?" Octavia added from the kitchen.

"O, not now" Bellamy stated pushing Clarke back in her room and shutting the door.

"Bellamy, Why wouldn't you tell me? " she stepped back looking up at him.

"Because there was no need to, there was nothing to tell"

"So this is what we are doing, we only tell each other what we need to?" she met his eyes ready for a challenge.

"No, Full disclosure from here on out, trying to protect each other just backfires. We are stronger together" Bellamy stepped towards her, reaching out and taking her hands.

"From now on we face everything together" he added.

"Together" she nodded in a whisper before he crushed her lips with his. He pushed her back onto the bed, laying her down and climbing over her to kiss her.

He moved his lips to her neck. Her lips moved to his ear.

"Bellamy, I love you" she spoke so quietly he wasn't sure he heard her right or if he was imagining it. He stilled his movement picking his head up to look at her.

He knew he heard her correctly when he saw how nervous she looked, she had her lip pulled between her teeth and appeared to be holding her breath waiting for a response.

He pressed his forehead against hers.

"I love you too" she smiled pressing a light kiss to the tip of her nose. Her face broke out in a smile, her body relaxing like a huge weight was just lifted off of her.

He slid to the side of her propping himself up on his elbow, she rolled over to look at him, he had his hand on her waist running up and down her side as he stared at her.

"What?" she asked after the silence grew awkward.

"I've waited to hear that for so long I feel like it is surreal"

"Well Sgt. Blake, you are a tough one to resist"

"Good thing I'm persistent" he smiled.