Chapter 11

He slid in to his seat at the table, tension radiating off him in waves. She could feel it. Anyone in a mile radius could.

She slid his drink in front of him.

"Thanks" he grumbled.

The girls sent her a look, she knew they wanted answers but would wait until it was just them.

She stood drinking her vodka, she was over the night and ready to go. She stole a glance in his direction, he was studying the bottom of the glass, Just as she thought he was going to look up at her he downed the glass.

Clarke made hers last a little longer, she turned away from the crowd bringing her phone from her pocket. She could see she had an unopened text from Bellamy, she swiped it away and found her uber app.

5 minutes...

She sighed with relief. That was perfect, she was sure she couldn't endure another drink.

She turned putting on a fake smile,

"Well it's been fun. I have work tomorrow so I will see you all later"

"How are you getting home?" Bellamy asked

"Uber" she replied

"Can I share?" he asked

She wanted to say no, hell, she wanted to scream it.

She just gave him a nod and he slid to the end of his seat grabbing the crutches.

Clarke waited until he was next to her and they made their way outside.

Octavia watched them cross the room, making sure they were out of hearing range before speaking up.

"I just wish they weren't so weird with one another, they hate each other, they joke around, then they avoid one another, then they dance with each other. It's like a non stop roller coaster"

"One you cant get off" Raven added.

"You ever think they are in denial? " Wick asked

"Denial of what?" Octavia laughed.

"Denial of their feelings" Wick replied.

Raven burst out laughing.

"We are talking about Clarke and Bellamy Right?"

"He has done nothing but complain, she hasn't answered his calls or texts all week" Lincoln put his opinion in .

"But she had that thing, that night with her mystery man" Octavia argued.

"With her mystery man...her mystery

Marine you mean" Lincoln corrected.

Octavia looked at him wide eyed.

"No way, do you think?"

"I think. It all makes sense now." Raven said leaning into Wick.

"Whatever it is, leave it alone, if they cant figure it out meddling will make it worse" Wick said giving the girls a knowing glance.