Chapter 34

They all sat down and ate breakfast together, all of them joking around, laughing and enjoying time together, all of them pretending they didn't know they would be leaving in few hours.

They all packed the day before, so today would be easy, throw the bags in the car and go. 9:30 A.M. came quick, they had to leave earlier to make sure the platoon was all put together before they took off.

Clarke, Bellamy, Lincoln & Octavia rode in Clarke's car, Wick and Raven caught a ride with a neighbor so Raven could ride back with the girls. Both cars were silent the entire ride, Bellamy held Clarke's hand running his thumb back and forth over it. She sat on her other hand to stop herself from biting her nails. She didn't know what to say, what not to say. Hell she wasn't even sure if could speak without falling apart, so for the time being silence was her only option. Either everyone else felt the same or had nothing to say because the silence was deafening, the radio wasn't even on. Bellamy would squeeze her hand every now and then and she would squeeze it back, she would see the corner of his mouth turn up in a slight smile every time.

They pulled up to the tarmac, the large plane on the blacktop beckoning them. Bellamy parked the car, Octavia and Lincoln got out, Clarke could hear them talking to Raven and Wick.

Bellamy squeezed her hand and she turned to look at him.

"Ready Princess?"

"No" her voice cracked but she held it together. His eyes shot to hers.

He just nodded in agreement.

"Let's do this" he pulled her hand to his lips and kissed it before setting it in her lap and getting out. She sat back and took a deep breath, slipped her sunglasses on and stepped out.

He strapped his backpack on and headed towards the plane with the guys, the girls following behind them. Slowly people started to arrive one by one. Clarke watched Marine after Marine, Wives', Husband's, Fiancé's, Girlfriends, Boyfriend's, and kids... so many kids, walk towards them. The Marine's looked ready, The Wives' looked stressed and the kids looked proud. Clarke felt like she was going to throw up. Bellamy's hand rested on her back as he greeted members of his platoon and directed them to Lincoln who checked them off a list, and sent them to Wick who got them situated and seated. Octavia stood talking to Lincoln and the other Marines, Raven stood with Wick making sure the Marines that were ready to load had everything they needed and were strapped in their harness.

"I'll be right back" Bellamy turned to see if she heard him. She nodded watching him walk across to his Staff Sergeant. Clarke glanced at her watch, 10:20 A.M. Forty more minutes of watching your whole world get ready to leave. She though to herself. She jumped when a voice came from behind her.

"How you holding up?"

She turned to see Emerson.

"Much better now that I know you are leaving soon" she smiled sarcastically.

"Might be the last time you see us blondie" he whispered.

"I couldn't get lucky enough for it to be the last time I saw you" she snapped.

"He might find himself a nice woman over there" Clarke turned to face him. Before she could open her mouth Bellamy stepped in between them.

"Do you have your shit together?" he asked him, Clarke could see him clenching his fists.

"Yeah, just saying good bye" he smiled.

"Yeah, I bet. Go check in" Bellamy pointed at Lincoln.

"I know my way around, don't need you telling me" he grumbled heading towards Lincoln. Bellamy went to step forward and Clarke grabbed his hand, turning him towards her.

"It's not worth it Bell" she stood on her tip toes and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

"Can I take you with me?" he asked with a smile.

"I can't say I'd be good at hiking in a desert, being pregnant and all" she smiled.

"Pregnant with our baby" he smiled even more,

"I can't wait for you to come home and you haven't even left yet"

"If you need me Clarke, I'll ride a camel back if I have too" he laughed.

"Yes, I hear they swim across oceans all the time" she shook her head at his silly comment. He kissed the top of her head.

"Here comes O and Raven, I've got a few more things to square away, I'll be back before I leave" he dropped her hand and went over clipboards of stuff with Wick, ran down a list with Lincoln, the last few Marines kissed their significant others and hurried towards the plane leaving only them left.

Lincoln came over first hugging Clarke and Raven.

"Raven watch out for them, Clarke keep my niece or nephew safe and healthy till we get back to spoil him or her"

"Will do" Raven punched him in the arm.

"Be careful, look out for each other" Clarke's smiled.

"Always do!" he smiled before picking up Octavia and spinning her around as he kissed her. She walked with him hand in had to the plane. Clarke took a deep breath as Wick and Bellamy headed there way.

Wick hugged Clarke.

"See you in a few months, can't wait to see the baby" he smiled before dragging Raven a few feet away from them.

"stay safe" Clarke called after him.

Bellamy reached out lifting her sunglasses on to the top of her head. She squinted in protest.

"Don't deprive me of being able to look into those eyes." he whispered. His dark brown eyes we locked on her crystal blue ones as he pulled her to him. He kissed the top of her head and then her nose and then her mouth lightly before deepening the kiss, leaving them both breathless.

"They say to follow the north star, it leads you home. Every night I'll be looking for that star baby, you are my home" he wiped the tear off her cheek. She sniffled.

"I'm sorry, I'm trying to hold it together Bell"

"Nobody said you have to baby" she looked up at him and his face was flushed. It was taking a toll on him too.

"You are my home too, I'll look for the star also, no matter how far away we are from each other we will always find our way home" she smiled. He kissed her again and then squatted down and kissed her belly.

"See you in a few months" he whispered, before standing in front of her.

"I'll see you in a few months too, you'll be on my mind every day"

"I'll be counting the days till you come home" she smiled. She slipped an envelope out of her pocket into his hand. He opened his hand to see what it was.

"Don't open it until you are on the plane." she whispered.

"Same goes for you, not till you are home!" he smiled slipping a folded paper into her pocket. He leaned down and kissed her one last time.

"Clarke, I'll see you in nine months. I love you" He held her hand not wanting to let go.

"I love you most, Hurry Home" She felt him squeeze her hand, she squeezed back and just like that he was gone. He backed away until he reached the other girls, he said goodbye just as the other guys joined him and they all waved one last time before boarding the plane.

Octavia and Raven moved to each side of her and they stood their in silence, arms around each other until the plane took off and they couldn't see it anymore.

Later that evening Clarke sat on her bed turning the folded piece of paper over and over again, uncertain with if she was ready to read. She mentally kicked herself, took a deep breath and unfolded the paper.

Miles away in a dimly lit airplane Bellamy looked around noticing most of the platoon was asleep. He knew he wouldn't sleep 'till he got the balls to open that envelope, he sighed and pulled the envelope from his pocket. Flipping it over he ran his finger under the edge to open it, He noticed there was more than one thing in the envelope, intrigued he pulled the items out one by one, laying them on his leg to look at more thoroughly.