5|saudade

Saudade:(n.) a nostalgic longing to be near again to something or someone distant, or that has been loved and lost" the love that remains"

) a nostalgic longing to be near again to something or someone distant, or that has been loved and lost" the love that remains"

*3 months later*

After I got out of jail, I had 2 weeks until I graduated from the police academy. Those weeks were a nervous wreck for me, I spent a massive amount of time studying for the finals. I had done a lot of tough work because I love the course so much. Surely, Seth and Juliane were the biggest supporters in my journey besides my family to become a patrol officer by earning a college degree in criminal justice, criminology, forensic science, but I wasn't determined to stop there.

I will either apply for a criminal investigator or earn a promotion. That 10 days I spent in a cell between four walls made me struggle in getting hired in a police department. However, with the help of papai, I got employed in NYC and bought my penthouse there.

I consumed 2 months of learning and earning the necessary experience for criminal investigation. Sometimes it is disgusting to be in the same room with rapists and murders, they have twisted minds.

It was simple to pass the background and the drug test. I hadn't had drugs since I was in high school, it is cleared from my system.

My job interviewer was an old CI, shorter by few inches from my five-six figure. Still, we got along very well, my interview lasted 4 hours of questions, I had the right answers to and I passed it. I am officially a CI. I am so proud of myself and what I had achieved so far.

Now I can legally destroy Emilio Donatiello. I look at myself in the mirror, it is a habit for me now, every day to admire myself. I need a haircut, my flame-red hair is growing fast and I don't like it. A, because when so, I'd be frustrated at it on another level and B, I am too lazy to style it. A short length hair is the best in my opinion.

I look pretty today for a dinner at my parents'.I hadn't seen them in a week or so. Arabella, my 8-year-old sister is enjoying her life. She is probably having fun there without me. That shit spends her whole day on the tablet watching idiotic youtube videos or TikTok.

_______________

I step out of the car, hearing Bella's giggles from inside. Once she hears my engine, she rushes out to hug me I gotta admit I miss her. Her set of brunette braids are flying in the air. She jumps on me, wrapping her tiny body around my slim one. I press my face into her hair, place her on the ground and rub her back lightly. "How are your little one?"I ask her, taking my hands in hers and heading towards the door.

"Papai got me a new squirrel "She squealed with happiness, Bella always wanted one since she was 5.

I frown noticing my papa's missing vichele in the parking lot."You are too beautiful for that frown, minha filha precise" my mamma said, as she follows us into the room. I meet her hazel eyes, "Where is papai?" I narrow my eyes at her.