10|yūgen

yūgen:(n) an awareness of the universe that triggers an emotional response too deep and mysterious for words

I enter the graveyard pushing the steal old gate. It hardly opened with a creak. I walk in slow steps, a lump in my throat.

I hadn't attended their funeral, I was busy with their case. What a damn shame.

It was hard for me to come here, this was my first time. But I managed to overcome this fear and fuck it.

As I know, their gravestones were in the middle under a massive tree covering them.

I crouch as I reach their headstone, my limbs had gone weak and my hands are trembling.

I set a bouquet unhurriedly, wiping the dust over the wide cold stone. I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out.

Finally"I miss you so much" my voice above a whisper, my bottom lip trembling and my heart aching.

I stare at Juliane's " Why did you leave. I presumed we were roaming the world one day once we gather enough budget, my precious best friend" I mumbled under my breath, tears brimming in my eyes.

I turn to Seth's "And you. I lost you. I lost the love of my life. Our wedding was in a month"panting I say with a heavy puff, my chest rising in a steady rapid motion.

I lost track of time looking at the graves, my tears dried on my cheeks.

My thoughts drift to the deal I held today.

Obviously, he tried several strategies that failed since he asked for my help. The gem he is after is worth more than twenty million dollars. It is highly wanted in the underground world so I understand the chase.

But the real question here is: Can I trust him?

Hell no, I answer.

Was he stupid enough to dig his own grave? I would be glad.

If he was the one who did it at the same time helping me with the case he will throw it on an innocent somebody.

I won't let that happen. He will give me the evidence of the case and I will make sure whether they are fake or not.

Nevertheless, I have a plan on my mind that will help in locating its place.

I catch a creak of leaves and footsteps, then the sound of the gate being closed.

Somebody is here but they left, I instantly jump to my feet, my heart beating faster.

I need to get going, I saunter to my car as fast as I could taking large steps. I reach it, unlocking its door. I quickly drive away.

                                  ꨄ︎

A short chapter. Emilio's POV is in the next chapter;)

 Emilio's POV is in the next chapter;)