9|multum

multum:(n.) deal in latin

Pulling the covers away from my body, I lift myself from my queen-sized bed

Pulling the covers away from my body, I lift myself from my queen-sized bed. I stand up barely able to move. I am beyond powerless and drained from yesterday's events.

I step into the glass-enclosed shower, letting the spray stretch my body and hair. Standing beneath the rain shower head I watch the water swirl down the drain. Flexing my toes, painted a dark red colour, my thoughts drift to Seth and Juliane.

Dues why they had to die?Why them? How will I live without the sprinkle of happiness and hope I had lost?

I feel like there is a gap, a big one in my heart, they left behind. It is an open wound, uncured gash that will keep digging knives and stinging my heart. Will it ever heal?

Grief isn’t easy. It’s this twisted, complicated ball of emotions. When you think you’re unravelling it, it twists up again. But you have to keep working at it until you find the right string to pull, when you do, suddenly things start getting better. But remember, it’s okay to feel sad. Sadness is not weakness, and weakness is not a failure.

Tears burn my eyes. I’ve done so well keeping it together the last few days, but leave it to me to start crying now.

The hot water cascades around me, quickly pruning my fingers. As much as I want to stay here forever, I know that is not the best idea. I reach for my peach-scented shampoo, squirting some in my hands lathering it into my hair. It isn't long before the studs are swirling down the drain and I am conditioning my hair. while the conditioner is sitting on my hair, I grab my pink loofah and slather it with my body wash. I thoroughly scrub every inch of my body.

Rising my hair and body, I step out wrapping a fluffy towel around me.

My wet skin and hair dip onto the rug in front of the sink, but I am the only one who uses this bathroom so it doesn't matter if it gets damp.

Wiping the condensation from the mirror, I lean forward poking the skin beneath my eyes and my cheeks. Life is drained from my blues eyes,  puffy ones, exhaustion is what I look at.
I grab a pair of tank top and shorts then I look at the hour it is already six pm. I need to pick something to eat, the house is quiet.

Meus pais foram a algum lugar?
(Did my parents go somewhere?)
I take a small peak at the living there is nobody in here.
I enter the kitchen, heading straight forward to the fridge to grab a grape, Fanta. I bump my hips at the refrigerator door to close it.
"Val,Você finalmente acordou"Arabella's voice comes from the hall startling me, my drink nearly fell.
(You finally woke up)
"What the fuck, Bella?"I exclaim in an angry tone, trying to stop myself from kicking her.
She giggles, her small teeth showing and her chest vibrating. She is so small. I take a seat on the stool in the middle.

"Onde está o pai e a mãe?"I questioned her with a raised eyebrow. She goes for a hug when I raise a hand to stop her. I am not in the mood for this at the moment. A look of hurt and disappointment crosses her full face.
(Where are mom and dad?)

"Eles estão no pátio da Frente" she answers me, fidgeting with the hem of her red dress. She is nervous what does she want?
"What do you want little shit?" Ugh, I missed bullying my sweet sister.
She blinks few times, wondering how I knew her reason for the sweet little things she offered me. That is not her.
"I fought yesterday with one of my neighbours." Her eyes don't meet mine, as she explains looking at the window.

"Oh, is that all?"

"No, of course not. Here is the thing I forgot the art room key there."She let out a heavy breath she was holding, placing her tiny hands on her hips. What was she doing with that key?

"So you want me to bring it, right?" I narrow my eyes on here. She wanted to sit on the stool but she couldn't reach it.

"Por favour, você sabe que eu te amo você." She pleads with pouting eyes, practically begging. She sucks with manipulation honestly.
(Please, you know I love you)
With a grumble, I sigh defeated."Fine"

I head towards my room upstairs. I snatch a black high neck top with denim jeans.

I step out of the wide gate, the cool night air caressing my cheeks. I walk slowly, placing a hand in my pocket.

Their house is in an isolated corner. Suddenly a black Lamborghini Urus and Mercedes c300 block my front and back so I couldn't move.
Emilio steps out of the Lambo, all dressed in black attire his lip twitching.
"What the hell do you want, Emilio" I hiss, crossing my hands over my chest.
"Look I am not happy about this, but I have to do it." He eyes the surroundings suspiciously. Two of his men are standing behind me on both sides.
I let out a chuckle "And what is that you are not happy about?"
"We need to collaborate " He explains with a gritted teeth, the words hardly leaving his mouth.
"Why on earth we would work together, you and me, of course, no that's impossible." I point my finger between him and me.
"You'll help find the Oppenheimer blue gem and I'll help you with your murder case." He demands seriously, waiting for my answer. That gem is expensive as fuck.
Wait he would help me? But I don't need his help. Will he even stick to his words?
"Your help is not needed at all" I shake my head, eyeing his broad shoulders and the tattoos peeking out of the collar of his shirt. I raise my eyes to find him looking at me, through my soul.

He arches an eyebrow at me."Well, if that's your answer. My business is done here." He waves his finger at his men and starts walking away.
He can help me through his connections, I thought to myself.
"Wait" I shout as I stride to cover the distance.

"I accept your deal but how will I know about that gem?" I can't believe I am saying this.

"Your father knows about its place." He turns, his eyes meeting mine and his dark hair swaying in the air. I couldn't miss the intensity in the air.
"You will discover a way to reveal its place and I need information in two days." He continues to boss me, licking his lips.
"That is not enough time and I don't trust you." I throw my hand in the air.
"Well, it is not my problem." He climbs in his car with a smug smile.
"Fuck you" I bark at him.
                                    ꨄ︎

Thoughts?