𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

Peters POV
If someone were to come up to me and say "Hey, your going to meet the Avengers. Oh and here's a letter from your dead parents!" I would call them insane. But yet here I am, sitting in one of the Avengers hospital beds while staring at a letter from the leader of HYDRA and my parents.
Person approaching. My senses warn.
I quickly shove the letter under the pillow and take a deep breath, trying to calm myself. I hear a knock which startles me for a second.
"Come in." I croak.
The door opens to reveal Miss Romanoff, who seems distressed.
"There are clothes by your bag. Bruce said you can go back to your room whenever." She spits out.
Before I can reply she leaves, leaving me alone once again. I fall backwards onto my pillow, completely and utterly exhausted.
——————————————————————Time skip————————————————————————————————
You know when your just completely exhausted and just want to go to sleep and then you lay down in your bed and your wide awake. Yeah, that's what's currently happening to me. I flip over and check the time for what feels like the fourteenth time in a minute. 2:54. Great.
"I give up." I whisper as I throw my covers back.
I turn on the lamp next to the bed, squinting at the brightness, and get up. I walk over to my backpack and search for my parents journal.
"Where is it?" I mumble as I search.
Front pocket. A voice informs me.
"Remus?" I whisper.
Yes sir? He asks.
"Where are you?" I ask.
Front pocket also.
I nod my head and open the front pocket, pulling out the journal and Remus, well the wristband he lives. in.
"Hey Remus. Sorry about all of this." I say, gesturing wildly.
Why no need to apologize.
I nod and take both the AI and the journal over to the bed, thinking for my next move.
"Remus search up the article." I say while bitting the inside of my lip.
The article is the news report on my parents disappearance. I begun look at it so much that I just had Remus save it.
Peter are you sure about this? He questions.
"Yes Remus I'm sure." I growl.
Just to let you know, I'm giving you a hour. After that bed. Remus scolds.
"Yeah yeah." I say rolling my eyes.
In the past, I have had a tendency to get consumed by my parents disappearance. Sometimes spending days rereading the same thing over and over again.
"Alright." I whisper as I open the journal.
I open to the last entry, looking for the date. April 2nd, 2006.
"Remus what was the article date?" I wonder.
May 3rd, 2007.
"That's weird." I wonder aloud.
"When was my custody transferred over to May and Ben?" I wonder.
March 31st, 2006. Remus answers.
"When did my parents leave on the trip?" I ask Remus, hoping he has a answer.
April 6th, 2006.
"And reported missing?"
April 22nd, 2006.
"But the article wasn't published until the next year?" I wonder.
I tap my fingers against my chin thinking.
"Strange." I tell myself.
Person coming. My senses warn.
❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍
Woo hoo! I have finally published a chapter that I was supposed to publish last weekend. *eye twitch*. Y'all, I could sit here and write like a thousand excuses for why I didn't get this chapter out, but to be honest I was being lazy. I was being lazy and every time I had inspiration I would open a new page and boom brain blanks. You know how I was like "Once school gets out I'll be writing so much more!" But nah, I'm even more tired. I mean it is only the first week of summer vacation but.... Alright I'll quit complaining.  Sorry y'all!
                                                Lots of ranting, apologizes, and love- grootifruti1221─=≡Σʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ❤️