June

Warnings: homophobic language, bigotry

June                                                                              Jisoo and Taehyung begin talking about their 'graduation' parties over the next few days and Jennie has to admit she's a little excited about it. After graduation Jisoo is off to study some kind of astrophysics that Jennie doesn't understand and Taehyung wants to be a history professor at the University of Ulsan. She likes that they both have plans for their lives, plans that they actually want to work on, and it makes her a little jealous. She remembers telling Chaeyoung months and months ago that she wanted to be a teacher too but even that wasn't certain; she just likes the thought of melding young minds, of helping to shape the future.

Jisoo and Taehyung both know what they want to do and she wishes she knew how that felt but she needs a little longer to think about it.

College is expensive and she doesn't want to be that person. She doesn't want to drop out because she's flunking or mess everything up.

Chaeyoung says she has a strong heart and assures her that when Jennie decides what she wants to do she'll feel it deeply.

---

"Jisoo is having a party," she tells Chaeyoung as they sit in her car while Chaeyoung punches something into her GPS, only half paying attention to the brunette. She mumbles something so Jennie decides to keep talking until she listens fully. "Well she and Taehyung are sharing it and they invited me to go. You should think about coming."

Chaeyoung shakes her head at Jennie and gives her a fond look, the kind that makes her eyes soft and her lips addictive. The kind where Jennie barely can hold herself back. Chaeyoung had met her outside of the library under the pretense of picking her up for another 'tutoring session' with Jiyoung, but Jennie knew she had other plans when she asked her to fish out her GPS from under the shotgun chair. It makes her happy that her mother and Jiyoung agreed so that she can see Chaeyoung every Wednesday and Thursday night, as well as on their usual Sunday.

She hasn't had the chance yet but Jiyoung mentioned that she'd be more comfortable conducting it at home when she spoke to Haeun and Jennie knows she did that for you. Despite how scary she is she kind of loves her right now.

"I'm not going to go to that," Chaeyoung answers primly before she pulls away once again from where she'd stopped the car. Jennie chews on her lip for a few seconds, only sated when the blonde reaches across and puts her hand on her thigh. "Even if I wanted to Kyungsoo is having his own graduation party soon and I'll be attending that, no doubt."

Jennie stares at the hand on her thigh for a few long seconds, Chaeyoung's fingers touching bare skin where her skirt doesn't quite reach, and she swallows hard. "I think your party and Jisoo's party are going to be very different," she breathes out and, somehow, works up the courage to place her hand over the blonde's so she's touching her far more firmly. Why it makes her nervous she doesn't know, she has literally swallowed this girl's moans while running her hands over the girl's bare stomach, but this feels more intimate.

More domestic.

"Probably," Chaeyoung replies through a smile with a teasing lilt, the tone making Jennie's stomach tighten a little. "Will I need to be on call again?"

"Yes," she mimics making Chaeyoung glance at her once while maintaining her attention on the road. It's a little habit of hers she loves; she won't let her attention falter even for a second, even if they're at a stoplight. She had noticed it when she'd taken them to the little market all those months ago and she notices her doing it now which only causes her heart to swell with her name more and more. "But only because I can't stop thinking about you when we're not together and drunk me is sort of needy."