May - Part 2

look who pulled through

Still May It's raining just a little near the river when Chaeyoung finally turns up and Jennie's breath catches in her throat a little at the image of her in her tight leggings and loose running shirt that are both completely soaked through to her skin. Jennie herself is in a warm jacket and huddled beneath the largest umbrella in her house when the blonde approaches. She kind of wants her to walk slower because the image of her, wet, panting, and a little pink-cheeked, is a little more than she can handle but she does know that she wants more. Jennie's dad had mentioned the dark clouds in the sky when they had been in church but she hadn't paid attention and he knew it. All of her focus had been on Chaeyoung and the soft way she'd fold her hands in front of her body as she spoke to people in the congregation, the soft look on her face as she listened to their stories and thanked them politely for their contributions to her mothers work.

In hindsight, she probably should have listened to him more because the bottom of her jeans is utterly wet and Chaeyoung is shivering slightly but, when she leans in and kisses her with a wet mouth, she thinks it's probably worth it.

---

"Did you ever finish that picture you started? The one of me," Chaeyoung asks when the rain begins to stop. Jennie stays under the umbrella with her, huddled close, and plays with her fingers as she thinks about her question; to Chaeyoung, it's simple, to Jennie it's really not. She tries to remember which picture that she has drawn of her that she's seen, which one she has spoken to her about. Beneath her pillow, she has a sketchbook that she plays with at home and there are pages and pages and pages of her; her hair, her fingers, her eyes, her lips. Half-finished masterpieces that only deserve that title because of the subject they're based on. She's well aware that she's not the only artist who has dedicated hours and hours in pages and curves to one person but she doesn't want to fall into that cliche just yet. "You were drawing my back for class or something. It was nice."

Jennie smiles at the memory of that picture. It had been between pictures of Jisoo's necklace and Joohyun's hands and their teacher had told her that it was some of her most detailed work. "Yeah, that one got me a pretty nice grade."

"You're very talented," she compliments and the brunette wonders for a second why she brought it up before she continues. "I'd like to see your finished work one day."

"Okay," she finds herself agreeing, and then her brows furrow a little in surprise. Usually, her work is private but the idea of Chaeyoung seeing it doesn't fill her with worry like it usually does, and she simply lets herself feel content rather than questioning it. "Not right now though. I'm too comfortable here." She makes her point by pressing closer into her side and Chaeyoung digs her fingers a little tighter into the other girl's jacket, her head tilting to press a gentle kiss against her hairline. "How has your morning been?"

Chaeyoung hums at her like she wasn't expecting her to ask and Jennie press closer against her neck just to inhale her. "It's been okay. Mrs. Emard called me this morning to say that she is happy to move my French lessons to Saturday instead which is a welcome surprise," she says. The brunette knows that she's telling her because it means they get more time together on Sundays now. The smile that breaks on her lips almost hurts her cheeks. She twists even more so that she can press a kiss against her neck, the flutter of her heart against her lips intoxicating to her senses. "And Daehan fell asleep into his oatmeal during breakfast so watching Jiyoung fix that mess before church was rather entertaining."

"Shit that's so cute," she says happily and feels her laughing against her before she shifts a little. The blonde reaches for the phone that she straps to her arm when she runs so that she can listen to music and Jennie watches silently, her eyes focused on her dexterous fingers and the small droplets of water balancing on her skin. Chaeyoung is rarely willing to show her anything but when she does she takes it all greedily, takes it like she isn't going to give her anything again. From where she's leaning against her she can see her open her camera roll and even though she tries to scroll up quickly Jennie is aware that her face is in some of her most recent pictures and it makes her blush. She only manages to see a quick blur of them but she knows they were taken when she was distracted.