July [M Ver.]

warnings: explicit smut

July                                                                            "Do you remember that little farmers' market you took me to a few months ago? It was outside of Angang and you kissed me in your car after," Jennie tacks on as a reminder, like Chaeyoung might have forgotten. She makes her laugh as she turns to look at her with an expression that says just as much. It's obvious that she remembers it because Jennie is sure that it's the exact moment the blonde worked out something she has always known.

How brave she actually is.

Jennie bites down on another slice of apple as she watches the blonde lay back and soaks up the early summer sunshine. The only man-made noise that interrupts their little solace is the whirr of her camera as it finishes printing a picture. For as lovely and as exciting as Auckland is, nothing has quite changed her life like the tiny town of Angang with its flowing rivers and girls with mile-wide smiles.

"Jennie," she says in a way that always catches her attention. She turns to her, wishing she could figure out how to keep that tiny little smile on her lips to last forever. "Would you like to go to the market again? I'm sure we can arrange it."

It's easy to agree because, yes, she wants to, but she had another motive for bringing it up. "You tasted like apples that day," is what Jennie says instead of answering, and Chaeyoung blushes at the same time a short breathy laugh leaves her pretty lips. She rolls her eyes behind the closed lids, Jennie can tell because she's staring so hard, and the blonde doesn't look at all surprised when she finally decides to open her eyes to find her looking at her. "Every time I eat one I think about you being brave enough to kiss me."

"You're ridiculous," Chaeyoung whispers in reply but she genuinely looks touched by the brunette's words so she leans in to kiss her, their lips just barely brushing before Jennie sits up again to look at the picture she'd taken. It was only a few moments earlier and it was supposed to be of the two of them--smiling happily and in one another's arms preferably--but then she had said something to make Chaeyoung laugh and kiss her cheek at the moment her finger had pressed the shutter down.

The developed image is sweet. She can see the laughter in Chaeyoung's face, even pressed against Jennie's cheek, and her mouth is parted in a way she knows is pronouncing her name if from nothing else but the glint in her eyes.

"You're so beautiful," Chaeyoung murmurs and Jennie turns to look at where she's now sitting up next to her. "Sometimes I think it's impossible for someone to be as kind and caring and breathtaking as you are but I guess I'm willing to be wrong."

"Guess there's a first time for everything," Jennie teases her and the blonde's eyes smile at her so beautifully that she has to catch her breath.

Chaeyoung kisses her once and her mouth is flooded with the taste of apples and hope and bravery once more. "Every moment with you feels like the first time," she says.

They kiss again, deeper this time, because this silly, cheesy, poetic sap is theirs.

---

It's growing darker but Jennie doesn't care.

She knows she needs to be home for dinner but her mom is working until eight and they all decided that morning, as a 'family', that they're going to eat later so that they can eat together. It gives her a little more time with Chaeyoung, despite the cooler air surrounding their little bubble, and she can't find it in her to really care about anything beyond this little point in the world.

"Jennie," she says her name like a question, like she's nervous, and Jennie lifts her head from where she has been happily laying on her chest. Chaeyoung's fingers tangle in her hair where she was playing with the strands and the brunette can't help but laugh quietly as she mutters and blushes and spends a few seconds too long sorting out the mess. "Shut up, stop laughing at me."