It is a beautiful night!

Alexia's Pov

The picture I'm currently trying to paint has a touch of a warm colours with a hidden meaning inside. The result by now hasn't disappointed me yet and I have high hopes for this painting. The sky is pretty clear and it is my favourite inspiration to paint.

Suddenly someone knocks gently on the door with their knuckles.

I place the brush on the table and reach out to the entrance. I open the door and smile as the butler greets me with a smile.

He hands me a white letter. Looks like an invitation of some kind .
" To The Young Miss Viotto" is written on top of the fancy letter. Reading it forward, I see it is an invitation for an evening party from merchant Raymond Worsfold.

"Thank you" I reply to the butler with enthusiasm and a smile at the same time.

I remember dad talking about going to a party earlier. Something about creating a good relationship with the foreigner merchant. I take the letter with me and head towards his room.
"Come in" he says gently as I knock on the door. After I hand him the invitation letter, he glares at me and says, "Dear, I would like you to wear a gorgeous dress and go to the party with your brother Oliver."
I nod gently and take a leave from his room.

I get back to my work. I feel the soothing warmth of the air. I feel a sense of satisfaction as I finish doing the final touches on the paiting. Vivid colours dancing beautifully on the canvas,representing my feelings.

Earlier I was thinking about the party. Whether I prefer to go or not. Not that it matters. I always end up doing whatever my father tells me to. It's like I have no opinion of my own.

I start getting ready as the same thoughts run around my head over and over again. I have to get ready by dusk. I can't decide what I should wear. Ms. Larissa shows me a lot of options. All the dresses are gorgeous
but two dresses catch my eyes.
A golden glittery dress with a dreamy touch and a black dress with pearls.
I don't know which one to wear.
The golden one is a little fancy and the black one is elegant. Alright,the golden one! I might fall in love with this dress! "Ms. Larissa,I think I'll go with the golden one" I say with a smile.

"Oh,you have a fantastic taste,young miss!" she exclaimed.

Ms. Larissa helps me wear the dress.
I look in the mirror. The dress is quite stunning and it doesn't look bad on me either. I make my hair and wear a pearl clip. I complete the look. I walk down the stairs as I hear dad call me. I hurry and leave the room.

"Oh, I can't even look at you! You are glowing in this dress, my dear." He says in a cheerful tone.

Oliver is standing with him there,wearing a black silk coat. I walk closer to them. Dad holds my hand and says, "Have a great time at the party and enjoy the time together. I have already prepared a horse-drawn carriage. I think you both should leave now."
We both get in the carriage. The moon can be seen as the nightfalls. A bright moon and the sound of horses walking on the concrete,it is all too beautiful. "It is a beautiful night" I tell Oliver. He nods and looks out. The horses quit their steps as we reach the merchant's glamorous house. I get off the carriage. We head towards the gate and enter the mansion.