A glimpse of heaven

Alexia's Pov

Oliver knocks on my door aggressively. He entered my room before I could even tell him to come. He always has been a disastrous person. Eventhough his face doesn't express such emotion, undoubtedly he is excited about something. "Don't you think Vanessa, the daughter of the merchant is certainly beautiful?" he starts right after he entered the room. I can see the sparkle in his eyes. "Y-yes why do you ask this suddenly?" I ask him, staring at my painting. He keeps describing a lot about the girl in amusement.
"Ever since I saw her at the party, I couldn't truly stop thinking about her, the way she talks, the way she glances, everything is more than adorable." He stops for a while and says, "So, I want her to attend the masquerade ball next week. Father would be more than glad to know we acquainted with Mr. Worsfold's daughter, don't you think so?"

"Mhm hmm. I see, so why are you here again?" I ask him as I turned around to him and kept the brush on the table beside me.

"Can you send her an invitation letter? I mean, I could do it myself but I don't know how to. Plus, don't you think it would be awkward if I do so?"
I couldn't say no after seeing how much he desires for the girl to come. Moreover this is not typical for Oliver to come to me for asking something. I nod my head assertively.
"Thank you, I'm looking forward to it." He comes closer to the painting and gives it an intense look. "What are you painting?" he asks.

"A glimpse of heaven. I know you don't care. You are just showing interest because you have a favour to ask for." I said staring at the painting.

"You don't have to be so rude about it" he frowns.

"You may leave now. I'll write the letter after I finish the painting."

"Thank you!! Thank You!!" he says
with satisfaction and leaves the room.

I don't feel like finishing the painting right now. So, I start writing the invitation letter. Why do I have to do it? He could have asked anyone. Any of the servants could have done it, I whisper to myself. I finish writing the letter and seal it with wax. I tell one of the servants to give the letter to the postman. So this is an achievement,  I was able to send the invitation.

A few days later on the day of the ball, I wake up with a terrible headache and red eyes. I assume that I don't have any kind of stability to get up from the bed. My condition right now is giving me a suspicion that I won't be able to attend the party tonight.
Oliver was super excited yesterday for the party and as much as I know all the arrangements have been done already. I'm not certain why does he want me to join the party so eagerly. But perhaps that won't be feasible for this time...