Hazel Eyes

Emilio's POV

"Please allow me to help you clean it. It might leave a stain." she said. She had looked at me with her beautiful hazel eyes when she reached for her handkerchief that was in her purse. I burst out laughing seeing how adorable she was. I said, "It's okay, miss." She still insisted that she helps me clean it. Instead of just replying this time I went ahead and introduced myself. "Emilio Vance, Archduke of Harrington. A pleasure to meet you, miss" I said.

"I am Vannesa Worsfold. It's a pleasure to meet you too."

"It suits you" I mumbled. Not sure if she could hear it. She again took a glance at my shirt and said, "It is going to leave a stain. Please, let me." Her voice had me mesmerised. Giving in this time as I say, "Fine, thank you"

She was wiping the stain off of my shirt when I said, "So, tell me a bit about yourself, Miss Vannesa."

She gave me a smile."Oh-um, I am the eldest daughter of a merchant. We live in Shadowsville. I enjoy writing poems and reading."

"Interesting. So, how did the Viottos get to know such a beautiful girl?" I said with a smile.

"Well, I met Oliver at a party at our house. My father has a business relationship with the Viottos."

"What about you, Sir Vance?", she said with a shy smile on her face.
As I was about to talk, somebody called for her.
"Pardon me but, I have to go." she said. "It's okay, Miss." I said and nodded. I stared at her as she vanished into the crowd.

I was on the balcony, staring at the horizon. The gray clouds floating by. It reminded of that day. I was 8 years old, it was a restless night. I couldn't fall asleep. I was looking at the moonlit midnight sky. Clouds floating,pure silence. It felt so serene. I felt completely at peace. Away from all those people, away from the crowd. It was a beautiful night.
I came back to the present life when I hear someone walk into the balcony. I turn my head around to see who it was. It was her, Vannesa.

She looked at me. Her magical brown hazel eyes meeting my ocean blue one's.  "Greetings, Sir Vance" she said.

"Emilio." I replied.

"Uh- Pardon?", she looked confused.

"Call me Emilio" I said as I chuckled seeing the confused looked on her face. I don't know why I said it. I never allow someone to call me by my name unless I know them very well. But... She is so pretty that I just couldn't resist. She looks so different than the girl I danced with just a few minutes ago as if she isn't her. I wouldn't have recognised her without her dark brown hazel eyes with a greenish touch. I feel like I've known her for decades. She feels so refreshing. She was like a breath of fresh air. It's not only her looks. It's the confidence she has. She has such a beautiful aura that I couldn't help but be mesmerised. She was different, unique than all those other people. "So, you write poetry,huh?" I asked her.

"Well, occasionally" she replied.

"Would you mind showing some?"

"Uh.. well, um-" she stuttered.

"It's okay. You don't have to show me."
I said with a smile as I noticed that she was stuttering. Clearly, she wasn't comfortable with sharing. I rest my hands on the marble balcony fence and enjoy the moonlit sky. The thought of a beautiful woman standing beside me, probably enjoying the same sky as me made me blush a little.