chapter thirteen

It was now Friday, the day of this bullshit ball

It was now Friday, the day of this bullshit ball. I wasn't going to school today, didn't feel like it, nor did I have to because I had to get ready.

I redid my braids because some blood didn't come out and you could see the stains on the hair. I made the knot less box braids smaller, took the beads off, and added color to them.

I released a silent breath as I changed yoga positions.

My eyes open when I hear a giggle to my left. I see Gabe creeping towards me, trying to scare me.

When he got close enough I quickly scooped him up and hung him upside down as I tickled him.

He let out fits of giggles as I held him from his shoe upside down, trying to cover himself up so I couldn't tickle him.

"Okay! I s-stop!" He yelled.

I set him down gently on the floor, he rolled on the floor, out of breath.

I got up and grabbed my phone off the floor.

"Zio Sandro said to get you for breakfast." He said.

"Tell him i'll be down in a minute." I say.

He nodded his head and hugged my leg, I patted his back and he let go, running out of the gym, almost tripping over his own feet.

I roll up the yoga mat and put my shoes back on. I go downstairs.

"Good morning sweetheart," Nonna said as I emerged in the dining room.

"Good morning," I say.

She gives me a tight hug and forces me to bend down and kissed my forehead.

Never knew a woman who was so little had so much strength.

I say hi to everyone and go into the kitchen. My uncles and some of my older cousins and brothers sat in the kitchen, conversing.

"Hey," I say and go to the refrigerator.

"Hey Bambina, ready for today?" He asked.

I set my phone down on the counter, "No I fucking hate dressing up. Freaking, i meant freaking," I say.

He shook his head at me.

I climb up on the counter and grab the cereal box off the top of the refrigerator.

I hear a phone ding, "Sage your phone," Ace said.