Chapter 8: The Egyptian Magician VS The French Knight

'': You're thinking

3rd Pov

Avdol: Your sword is quite fast. It is very impressive but do you think you can defeat me before the flame on the clock strikes 12? Does this not strike you as conceited... Um....

Avdol stopped his short monologue after realising he didn't know the name of the Stand user. The man, catching on to it, spoke up.

Polnareff: ...Polnareff. But allow to introduce myself fully. Jean Pierre Polnareff!

Avdol: Merci Beaucoup.

Y/n: I dunno a lot of French but I think that meant "Thank you" or something.

Avdol: I appreciate your formality. However...

The fire clock blew into even more flames before toppling, as if a volcano erupted below it.

Y/n: Oh sh*t!

Avdol: Monsieur Polnareff...

Y/n: Ok, for that, I have no Idea what that means.

Avdol: ...Don't be fooled and think my flames will burn as it does in nature. My Stands name is Magicians Red for its ability to control the flames.

Polnareff: They say that the world was once burning in flames. Your Magicians Red is the master of these flames, signifying the beginning of everything. However, you dare call me conceited?

Polnareff grabbed 5 coins from his pocket.

Polnareff: Do you think my swordsmanship is nothing more than mere conceit?!I

He flung his coins into the air before stabbing all 5 of them in the middle, as well as some of Avdols flames, like a kebab.

Joseph: He pierced all 5 of them in a single stab!I

Jotaro: No, look.

All of them took a closer examination before seeing the fire stuck inbetween the coins.

Kakyoin: Thats...

Avdol: I-I see... The flame is connected between each coin.

Polnareff: Hmph, I'm glad you understand what this means for you. I'm not conceited at all! My Stand can cut severe flames! It can cut air in half, creating a void of nothingness between it. Simply put, your Stand is no match for my Silver Chariot!

He stated before his Stand vanished, dropping the coins in the process. The door behind Avdol creaked as Polnareff opened it, without anyone knowing.

Avdol: When did he...

Polnareff: My Stand, represented by the Chariot card, suggests conquest and victory. I could ent things right here, in this cramped room but Avdol, your flames are much stronger out in the open, is it not? It is only fair that my Stand defeats you under the fairest of circumstances; a true victory!

Polnareff exited the building and out in the sunny streets of Hong Kong.

Polnareff: Now everyone out!

The group traveled through the city before arriving at Polnareffs location. It was a colourful garden, with statues ranging from tigers to humans.

Joseph: What the hell is this place?

Kakyoin: This is Tiger Balm Garden

Joseph: Huh?

Y/n, who was looking around the place, turned to Kakyoin, remembering the place by its name.

Y/n: Oh yeah, I remember learning about place in history! There's 3 of these places and they all have statues, showing scenes from Chinese folklore, legends, history!