{author's note?}

-epigraph-

❝𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒚,
𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒏,
𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍,
𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒅𝒈𝒆𝒔.❞

✦✦✦

-introduction-

i am usually pretty good at writing something, if i may say so myself, but not at author's notes, as i've discovered.
there are many people who've inspired me to publish this book, and i am truly grateful to them.
a big thank you to the person who's reading this. thank you to the moon and back for choosing to read paracosm-delusional nightmares.

✦✦✦

-about-

the meaning of the beautiful word 'paracosm' is a 'detailed and prolonged imaginary world created by a child.'

the reason why i've chosen this title, albeit it being common, is because for me, paracosm is the air i sometimes breathe. i have created imaginary worlds since a young age and have even use them as a coping mechanism most of my life.

the reason why i've chosen 'delusional nightmares' is because i tend to make situations and experiences far worse than they are in my head. henceforth, those things become my delusional nightmares.

this is my first book to be published. to be able to showcase my work to people is something that i've always wanted but have been afraid to do so. now i am finally getting the opportunity to share my poetry with others and i couldn't be happier.

✦✦✦

-content-

poems and prose・pretty imaginative work・lowercase・some triggering poems which may contain su-cidal and de-th thoughts・some lgbtq+ poems・pronouns such as 'i' and 'you'. they neither refer to me nor to any reader.

✦✦✦

-copyright-

©2021, ashe

All rights reserved.

No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, stored in a database and/or published in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the writer.

✦✦✦

-thank you-