A Clash of Convictions

- Monitoring Room -

Mina: "Go Midoriya!" She applauded with glee, joyous with the performance Izuku showed, "He stood up to Bakugo!"

Ojiro: "Didn't expect him to deliver that kind of slam," The tailed-teen commented, impressed with Midoriya's display.

Mineta: "Let's not get our hopes up just yet. The match has only just begun."

Everyone was amazed to see Midoriya finally standing up to Bakugo, some even cheered and praised the young boy for the heroic slam too.

As for Ochaco, she was merely moved by Midoriya's words. During his encounter with Bakugo, She had thought back to their first encounter yesterday and gleamed over Midoriya's decision to consider her idea and forge Deku into the hero name she declared it to be.

The name Deku, from here on out meant, One Without Surrender. One Without Fear. One For All

- Battle Centre A -

Y/N: "Y'know you're crazy, right?" He snickered, praising Midoriya for his quick thinking, "That was amazing."

Midoriya dipped his head in acknowledgement, a little shy to respond to his partner given the severity of the situation he put himself in.

Y/N was going to crack another joke but stopped when he realized Kirishima was getting right back up onto his feet.

Y/N: "Midoriya," He spoke, sensing the teen's eyes drifting towards him as the arachnid had his back facing the aforementioned, "How confident are you taking on Bakugo."

Y/N was confident he could easily take on Bakugo. Confident enough to say he could win. However, given Midoriya delivered the first strike, he knew the latter wasn't going to let him settle his debts with the blonde.

So instead, he felt obligated to ask him whether or not he wanted to take the fight to the source of all his struggles. After all, Midoriya suffered the most under Bakugo's reign of terror during their Aldera years.

Midoriya: "I've always counted on you to protect me from him...never allowing myself to take the brunt of any conflict we've been in," He muttered before slowly, that fire that sparked in his eyes when he first set off One For All began to flare again.

"Now...now I'm confident. I'm confident enough to fight my own battles!"

The stare Y/N gave him was one only a proud father would give their child who finally overcome a life-long obstacle that prohibited them from reaching their true potential, Bakugo being that barrier for Midoriya.

Y/N: "Leaving it to you, Deku!" Using Bakugo's head as a springboard, Y/N leapt into the air and fired a web-line at Kirishima.

He reeled himself forward so his foot would carve into the redhead's gut, taking both him and Kirishima out a window, broken pieces of glass showering everywhere.

Y/N: "Sorry about this, dude!" He shouted, webbing onto Kirishima's falling figure before pelting him into a window two stories above the platform they were originally flung out of.

The Spider rode the momentum Kirishima weighed for him and eventually met the red-haired teen upstairs where, unsurprisingly, Iida was waiting for him.

- Monitoring Room -

Momo: "He seems very well-versed with his abilities," She commented, admiring the display of Y/N's quirk, "Using momentum to carry himself up. Not something I'd imagine him accomplishing with such proficiency."