The U.S.J Incident Part One

A floating memory.

It drifted above him, amongst the yellow sky in the form of a butterfly, its body gleaming ever so dazzlingly while its translucent wings kept it afloat.

It reminded him of the peaceful days. Days where he didn't have to worry about what to wear for school or what he was going to have for dinner.

Days with his father.

A faded image of him standing amidst a field of spider lilies were the only incursion to his stagnant dreams he had no issues with.

However, the ending was always the same as many nights before. The child's voice was silent and his hands enticed no warning, leaving the elder man to succumb to a red tide that flooded the entire field of spider lilies.

Leaving in its wake, only Carnage.

Waking up in a cold sweat, Y/N sprung up onto his feet and fired a web line at the wall in front of him, in hopes of saving his father from fate. However, reality caught up with him finally as he sheltered his face under the comfort of his hands, wiping the sweat from his face.

Y/N: "It was just a dream..." He told himself, his eyes sealed firmly before trembling in relief, "...one intense dream."

Soaring up from his bed, Y/N motioned towards his window and pulled on the blinds, taking in the warmth of the rising sun.

He opened the window and was greeted with the cool air that coated his skin with goosebumps, relishing in the chilly atmosphere that submerged his entire room, ventilating it.

Y/N: "Alright, time to get to work," He puffed out, spreading his arms to dissipate the stiffness prohibiting it from moving freely before clearing out a small space on the floor.

In an instant, Y/N fell forward onto the ground before catching himself in a succession of push-ups, powering through them at a secure pace. Every pump he did Y/N felt a slight burn in his muscles, motivating him to go faster and faster before all the push-ups he was doing looked like a blur.

After subsequently counting to one hundred, he flipped onto his back and engaged in a cycle of sit-ups, one that carried over to the pull-up bar he installed on the door frame. As a morning ritual, Y/N committed to an hour-length warm-up exercise before going on a jog across the neighbourhood. It was routine he had just devoted himself to after the battle trials, realizing he could've done more to limit the strain on Midoriya made him ponder on the wellbeing of future teammates and how they will rely on him for help.

He was determined to fight for their safety, to act as both sword and shield if need be and destiny did not wait long to test his beliefs.

- X -

Aizawa: "Today's training will be a little different," He proclaimed with little effort to sound enthusiastic, "I, All Might and another facility member will be keeping tabs on you."

Several students were taken back by that statement, some of whom were thinking this was out of precaution due to the break-in from yesterday's incident. It was announced that the press would have a curfew and numerous regulations to help minimise the risk of repeating the same issue as before, courtesy of the principal.

Iida: "Sir! What kind of training is this?" The newly inducted class representative asked.

Aizawa: "Rescue," He answered before revealing a plain card that had the word 'Rescue' written on it, "You'll be dealing with natural disasters, shipwreck, stuff like that."

Y/N: "Disasters huh?" He uttered in excitement, "Sounds like a heap of work, with a side of major action!"

Mina: "Totally!" She cheered on, with the minor acceptance of a grinning Jirou. Kirishima leaned forward so he was in earshot of Y/N.