behind your back

Gon woke up, slowly opening his eyes blinking a few times to adjust to the sun shining through the porch window into the living room. He looked at his surroundings before slowly sitting up on the couch. He grabbed his phone to check the time with read 9:00. They had 45 minutes to get to school.

Gon looked front of him to see that killuas door still remained closed. Gon wonders if he's been in there the whole time or if he came out for something but went right back inside. Gon was still concerned and...worried. He would go straight into on killuas room but gon knows what privacy is and he won't invade it.

He looks away from the door and sighs. Killua will come out when he's ready so he patient. He grabs his phone and stuffs it into his pocket and head to the kitchen to make breakfast for him and killua. He grabs some eggs and butter to cook and grabs some bacon. It's real silent in this house except for gons cooking. Gon was beginning to wonder if he was dead. He shakes his head to clear his possible thoughts that don't help him one bit in life.

He finishes up the breakfast and grabs to plates to serve them in. He serves them and waits a few minutes for Killua to come out so he can eat with him, but eventually he doesn't. Maybe he overslept? Gon thought. If that was the case then they would be late for school. He walks up to his door before eating a few seconds then knocking 3 times.

"Killua?" He says with his knuckle and inch away from the door. There was no response. He knocks again and waits for a few seconds to see if there is a response but..

There was none.

Gon panicks, when he said he thought that Killua was dead he didn't actually mean it. He goes to put his hand on the door knob handle to open it but, it's locked. Gon breathes Heavy and nervous and paces in the hallway from killuas door. "Fuck..." he breathes out nervously.

He walks back to killuas door before knockingwiht his fist a little louder than before.
"Killua?!..". There was a few seconds of silence before there was a commotion. After that commotion there was Killua who wide eyed open the door to a crack but only that you could see he head where he's poking out. He looked at gon up and down in shock like he just shot someone.

Gons breathing calm down as he looks at killuas and closes his eyes for a few seconds before opening them back up and looking at killua. "You scared the shit out of me!.." he says looking at Killua slightly angered.

"I thought something happened to you!" He says making gestures with his hand to emphasize what he's saying. Killua looks down in shame, avoiding gons gaze.

"Mm sorry.." he says nearly audible, and voice sounds worn out. Gons could tell that Killua hand a rough night, and apparently he's having a rough morning. Gons furrows his eyebrows in worry, he doesn't wanna add on to whatever's making Killua sad.

"It's fine just...make sure to answer next time so I don't think something happened" he says looking slightly down at killua. Killua doesn't respond but gon can tell he understood. Gons sighs and looks at the time on his phone, they had 25 minutes left before school starts. He looks back at killua who's  still in the same position with his head down.

"Okay well we have a few minutes before school so get ready.." he says. Killua nods and closes his door straight away. It was like he was waiting for a way to get out of communication. Gon takes a deep breath and exhales all of his worries away form before. Even though he's still worried about Killua it's better than worrying if he was dead or not.

            ——————————————————-

Gon pulls into his driveway at his house. Since he didn't come prepared to sleep at killuas house he didn't have a change of clothes for school. He didn't even think he was gonna run into Killua, let alone stay with him for the night. But you know, except the unexpected. He turns to Killua who has his head down, he's been like that the whole car ride. Hands in his hoodie pockets that cover up his still marked wrists and neck. Head done avoiding any looks from gon or even a conversation.